Chapter 28

HAPPY READING

"Her Grace came to this unfamiliar northern region alone, not knowing anybody, yet she never complained about her situation being difficult or uncomfortable. If your Grace were ignore her Grace, then shle truly would be alone."

Jungkook actually began to suspect just where Jisung came out from today to have such a completely different temperament but when he thought about it, there was no denying that Jisung was Jeno's blood brother.

To speak without any fear was Jeno's trademark.

Jungkook's red eyes glowed even redder.

"These days, her Grace..."

"Shut up."

"Your Grace."

"I dare you to say one more word..."

Feeling the murderous gaze on him, Jisung shut his mouth and lowered his gaze.

The Duke was not a master that needlessly picked on someone's faults but he was a master that would never tolerate challenges to his authority.

The criteria depended on if someone were getting above themselves. Jisung did not have the authority to butt into the ducal couple's private relationship.

It wasn't because Jerome was a steward. No one in Roam had such authority. Jungkook was extremely displeased with the situation.

He wondered if she had sent him as she had enough reason to do so. But this was Jisung.

The Jisung that did not unnecessarily interfere with his usual work, and could distinguish between the things Jungkook alone could to do and the things Jisung could deal with himself.

Therefore, Jisung's unusual behavior got on his nerves. Jungkook already knew that Jisung took care of her more than the usual.

He did not doubt Jisung's loyalty as a steward but he was strangely irritated.

"Impressive. Did she ask you to come annoy me?"

Even though he knew that there was no way she had, he felt extremely twisted inside.

"No, Your Grace! Her Grace would never—!"

Crash!

A teacup flew past Jisung's face and shattered to pieces on the floor as soon as Jisung opened his mouth.

"I told you to shut up."

Jungkook swiftly got up and walked out of the office while Jisung sat down with a paling face.

He made a mistake. A terrible result of his needless interference. If Jeno were here, he definitely would have told him that their relationship wasn't one he should interfere with.

'I've let down her Grace's honor.'*

His first rebellion against his master ended with his tail completely trampled. He unnecessarily intervened and even created a misunderstanding.

Jisung sighed and began to sweep the pieces of the tea cup that was scattered everywhere.

The fact that the cup did not fly at his forehead meant that his master was already pretty tolerant.

'I'll ask Jeno for some advice when he comes.'

Useless mouth! And so he began to sharply berate himself.

***

Lisa returned home early from her outing with Rosé, using the excuse that she wasn't feeling well.