Part 12

I started running, straight towards the woods, I had my earphones in and I could feel the rhythm of the music beat through my veins. The adrenaline didn't wear off as I hit the woods at full speed, the others behind me but slowing down.

I turned around and they were catching up, I took an earphone out.

'Why have you... stopped..?' Celina panted, and I looked back at her.

'Waiting for you lot, we aren't that far away... I hope we aren't too late.' My heart pounded again, and we started going again, we were close.

(5 minutes later)

We made it to the edge, we could hear lots of talking. Marshall was the first to walk in, Leah and Celina followed.

'You alright?' I looks back to Emily, who had her head down.

'Yeah.. yeah just worried about Mr Hadley.'

'Is that it?'

'Yeah..'

'You seem uncertain, you can tell me anything you know?' I grabbed her hand, and she looked up.

'What was that?'

'What was what?'

'You played the song in the room..'

'Oi you two... come on!' I heard a whisper from behind us as Marshall peered his head through.  We followed him through the doorway and we made our way through the first building, my hand still holding Emily's.

We made it to the edge of the first building, using the door to look out, we saw a circle of people.

They were all in black gowns, spears in hand and pointing towards a cross. On the cross hung Mr Hadley.

'We can't do anything.. there is way too many of them!' Leah whispered urgently, I couldn't help but agree.

'We can call the police!' I said, and Marshall started doing that.

We sat and watched, they lit the cross on fire, the fire slowly spread up as it touched the bottom of Hadleys feet. They had a leader, one in a red and blue gown, he stood on a podium towards the middle and looked straight up to him.

He readied his spear, and had it pointed towards the head of Hadley. Then two of the others moved closer, moving up ladders. They had no spears, but looked to have ritualistic like daggers in their hands.

They got to the top of the ladders, next to Hadleys arms which were exposed bottom side up. They slowly made an incision in the top of his forearm and dragged it all the way down to his wrist, he screamed and yelled. They then made an incision in his neck, cutting along his neck on the sides.

'Marshall, did you phone the police?'

'Yeah, on their way.'

'Good...' I said as Hadleys screams slowly subsided, he was still alive, but he didn't have the strength to do anything. The leader readied his hand and threw the spear, it hit him directly in the chest, impaling him to the cross.

'THIS UNTO THE HOLY ONE!' They all yelled, and we all looked at each other.

'What the hell...' I heard Celina mutter, then she gagged.

'I think we should leave...' Leah suggested, and Marshall agreed. I shook my head.

'You guys go, I'm staying... they are leaving and I wanna see if they leave anything... I wanna know who these bastards are.' And they all looked at me, confused.

'Blake please... leave and come back another time, this is all too real.' Emily asked, and I looked at her. Her eyes were shining, but not the normal shine they did, she had tears in them.

'Okay, let's go.' I said, and we started moving back to the resort.

We walked back in silence, I still had Emily's hand in mine.

'You alright?' I asked, and she nodded slowly.

'Look when we get back.. we need to talk okay?'

'Yeah okay, we can talk.' I said and smiled at her, she smiled back.

'Oi lovebirds, snap out of each other's gaze for a minute!' Celina said, as she tried to involve us in the conversation between the three of the others.

'Hang on who said we...'

'Oh save it, your holding hands, you keep smiling at each other and I'm pretty sure if I hadn't interrupted back there you two would've kissed.' Marshall exclaimed and I went silent, not knowing what to say.

'Okay, you officially broke Blake, he's speechless!' Celina said, and we laughed.

Once we got back, Marshall, Celina and Leah headed to the cafeteria to grab some drinks for all of us.

Me and Emily headed back to the room, once we got in, I turned to her.

'So what's up?'

'I hate this trip... so much..' she exclaimed as she sat down, sighing.

'So far we've seen two dead corpses Blake... TWO! And why did we have to see them... why us?!'

'I don't know Emily... I really don't know..'

'Well.. neither do I! And Marshall's starting to irritate me with the whole thing of me and you!'

'Is he?'

'Yeah.. I don't see why two people can't be friends...'

'Only friends..?'