Part 10

(Emily's PoV)

I watched on as Scott pummelled Blake, I couldn't do anything. I quickly grabbed my phone and text Marshall to hurry.

'That'll teach you..'

'What the hell is wrong with you?!' I yelled at Scott, he simply laughed.

'Nothing, finishing some business that needed finishing.' He said, as he walked over and grabbed his axe, then he walked away, towards the woods on the opposite side of the abandoned compound.

'Blake?!' I rushed over to him and grabbed his arm, shaking him.

'Blake wake up..' I yelled at him as I felt his neck, a pulse that was barely there.

'Emily?! What the hell happened?!'

'Blake?! Oh god..'

Marshall, Celina, Leah and Mr Hadley came rushing over, Marshall moved me and felt his pulse. We all waited and he gave a thumbs up, then grabbed him. He carried him in his arms, and started walking back the way he has just came.

I went with them, and we slowly started climbing back towards the resort. We would stop and check his pulse overtime.

(20 minutes later)

We walked through the doors to the reception, gasps from the staff hit us as the medical staff were called and got Blake into a bed. Marshall and Leah looked at me, Celina had gone back to the room.

'She can't take it.. all this that's happening.' Marshall said, and then he looked at me curiously.

'What happened?'

'Scott... I went after him when he went to the old abandoned resort on his own. We were in a room overlooking the entire complex and we saw Scott and a taller man walk in. We kept quiet and they talked about who they were gonna target next... then when we decided to leave once they had, Scott was waiting and him and Blake had a confrontation... Blake managed to get the axe off of him but ended up...' I cut myself off as my voice croaked, they looked at me.

'So Scott is part of this..?'

'Y.. yeah..'

'And who are they going for next?'

'Mr Hadley.'

We all went silent, and they looked at each other then at me.

'Okay.. then we have to stop them.'

'I agree.. but I want to go see Blake..' I said, and they nodded, so I went to see him.

I walked into the room, he was hooked up to machines and his nose was already in a cast, they had realigned it as Scott broke it.

I pulled a chair and sat next to him, it was around 1am. I grabbed his hand.

'I'm here... I'm not going anywhere.'

I slowly drifted to sleep there.

(The next morning)

I woke up, realising I had slept leaning on the bed that Blake was on. I slowly pushed myself up.

'Your finally awake,' I saw Marshall leant against the wall, he looked serious.

'We talked last night, with Hadley, he warned us about sticking together in the future.'

'I told Blake to wait for all of us but he didn't listen..'

'I know Emily, what is it with you two anyway? When I walked in yesterday it looked like you two were about to..' I cut him off quickly.

'Nah we were just talking.'

'Oh okay, but you followed him into a deadly situation..'

'It's what a friend would do!'

'Yeah.. definitely just a friend,' he teased and I laughed slightly.

I remained seated, and Marshall pulled up a seat too.

Before long Leah and Celina joined us, we all sat around Blake, waiting for him to wake up, and we talked about everything that had happened.

'Scott won't get away with this..' I said, and Marshall nodded.

'We'll make sure of it, together. As a team.'