Part 8

'Blake?!'

I got shook and awoke quickly, it was Emily. I pushed myself up and moved my legs up, she sat on the end of the bed.

'What's up? Did something else happen?'

'No.. I asked everyone where you went and no one knew.'

'Oh, I only came back up to sleep.'

She looked at me and I smiled, she smiled back. I moved to the edge of my bed and pulled my guitar case out from underneath.

'You know that song you always told me you liked?' I asked, and she nodded.

'Yeah.. Vermillion?'

'Yeah that one, well I wanna play it for you.'

She smiled, and I took that as an opportunity to put one earphone in and put my guitar into drop b tuning. I put the song on in my ear and started playing, I came in after the first few notes had been played.

I sang as well, and played the song throughout, singing and playing whilst purely staring at my guitar.

I finished the song, looking up towards Emily, she was smiling at me. I was about to speak before Marshall barged through the door, looking exhausted.

'Dude... we got another problem, Mr Hadley isn't happy...'

'What do you mean?'

'He's pissed.. at Celina.'

'What? Why?!'

'Just come with me, oh unless I'm interrupting something?' He looked at me and my guitar, then to Emily, and I put my guitar in the case and pushed it under the bed, we got up and followed him, Ignoring his comment.

When we got down, we saw everyone was in the restaurant area, eating. The thought of food still made me sick to my stomach. Celina was stood next to the reception desk with Mr Hadley.

'Celina, what's going on?'

'He's ignoring what's happened!'

'No I'm not, how dare you...'

'YES YOU ARE!' She yelled, and he went silent, his normal self quickly turned into one full of anger.

'I have informed the authorities there is nothing else I can do. I suggest you and your friends go back to your room. I have had enough.'

I grabbed Celina's arm and pulled her with me, the others followed including Leah who was by Celina's side throughout most of her and Mr Hadley's argument.

Once we got into the room, I got everyone in and shut the door, then went and sat on my bed with my head in my hands.

Celina looked over and sighed, I looked over at her.

'What?'

'Nothing, other than your sticking up for him when one of your best friends has just been murdered and he's doing nothing!'

'Celina he is doing something! What else do you want him to do?! Catch the guy?! We don't know who he is!'

'No we don't... I know.. I just don't know what to do.'

'None of us do..' Marshall added, and he looked upset, he didn't normally show emotion and he let a solemn tear go down his cheek.

'Do you think there could be more? At the buildings? We only went into two of them, and there is at least five.' I asked, and Celina's ears perked up, so did Leah's.

'Why would we want to go back and risk seeing his body again..' she asked, and I had to agree. But I had to find answers.

(5 hours later)

The sun slowly set, and it was at least 7pm. I grabbed Celina's backpack and emptied it, she asked why and I shrugged her off.

I put a portable battery pack into the backpack and a flashlight. The only three people in the room were me, Emily and Celina.

'Blake what are you doing?'

'Packing some stuff..'

'Why?'

'And why in my backpack?'

'Cause I'm going to find answers, but Leah is right, why would any of us want to see that again.'

'Your not going alone, are you?'

'Yeah I am, none of you are coming with me. You don't have a choice, I'm doing it alone.'

They tried to argue but I shushed them both, I wasn't going to listen.

I grabbed some food from my suitcase that I had brought at the shop area of the resort, and put it in there along with some water. I also put some batteries in, just in case the flashlight died.

'Blake..'

'Yeah Emily?'

'When are you gonna be back?'

'If I'm not back by tomorrow morning, come find me.'

'Okay, but what about the rule.. we don't split up from each other that way we are all safe!'

'I have to do this, Celina wants answers and I know you do too.'

'I guess your right.'

I zipped up the backpack, and walked out the room. Then walked to the reception area, where I saw Marshall and Leah sitting on a bench outside, Marshall had his arm around her.

I walked out and continued walking, towards the woods, getting my flashlight out and walking cautiously.