10 | Who doesn't love s'mores

'Toiletries?'

'Check.'

'Clothes?'

'Check'.

'Shaving foam?'

'Check'.

'Camera?'

'Yep'.

'Camping tents?'

'Check'.

'Sleeping bag?'

'Got it'.

'Food?'

'Check', I say as I hold out the graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows.

Mmmmm. S'mores

Hayley starts yelling a bunch of other camping materials. She is super organized.

'We are all set!', she smiles and gives me the look. The look when she is going to attempt something really catastrophic.

-----

'OUCH!', I scream.

'THEY ARE BITING ME!', I wince in pain.

Gosh these bull ants are hurting me.

'Just scoop some in the jar', she urges.

'My leg is throbbing', yells Jess.

'I know but they are bull ants and they are biting me. It hurts. Hayley come see for yourself'.

'Eww no'.

I manage to get one ant on a stick and fling it on Hayleys arm.

'AHHHH OWWWIEA', she screams and frantically runs around trying to get the ant of her.

Nup she is not a bug person.

I'm so weird. When I was younger, I loved collecting bugs and ants. I used to make little rooms for the ants out of cardboard boxes and and markers.

But those were garden ants.

These are the HUGE fricking black ants that bite or sting you.

'Gosh. That really hurts so bad', I whine as I scoop out the big black ants.

'I'm pretty sure I am being poisoned. Look at these ants with their big huge asses, probably filled with poison', complains Jess.

As soon as we get about twenty ants in the jar, we head back to the tents.

Adam and about three more of his mates are playing some kind of card game on the ground and drinking beer. We have three tents. Two for the boys and one for us.

We walk along the rugged terrain.

'So first we are going to put the fire ants in the tents and then we are going to smackcam them with shaving foam and water all over them', snickers Hayley wildly.

She is the master of pranks and its never died out on her. Once she threw a whole bucket filled with ice and chucked it on a teacher. Lets not forget that time in year seven when she places pins under the teachers chair. That ended up in detention and a call to her parents. Hayley's parents are so cool, they let her do anything they want.

"But that is tomorrow".
-
'S'mores TIME!', yells Hayley and seven of us sit at the campfire.
I poke a stick through my marshmallow and grill is first on the flame. After its all gooey I smash it between some graham crackers and chocolate that instantly melts. I grill the edges a bit I make them crisp and pop them into my mouth. Gosh that tastes so delicious.

'S'mores are my life', I say and bite down into the sweet gooey mess. Chocolate drips down my forearm and I lick it off.

'Wait until you see the s'mores inspired HOT CHOCOLATE', squeals Hayley.

She walks into the tents and grabs another packet of marshmallows, whipped cream, mugs, nutella, spoons and a flask containing hot water.

I watch as she mixes the nutella, milk powder into the water and stirring it until it goes in a mess of chocolatey goodness. Then Hayley sprays some whipped cream into it and pops a few marshmallows which instantly gooes out. Next she adds in nutella sauce on top. To top it off she breaks a graham cracker in a shard and slides in on the side of the mug.

She hands the mugs out to me and Jess.

'So how is it', she eagerly waits and sips her s'mores inspired hot chocolate.

Chocolate goodness slips down my throat in a warm fuzz. Who does'nt love s'mores? Especially if it is hot chocolate with glorious nutella.

Fine. Call me a white girl.

'Mmmmnnn. Its soooo good!', I exclaim. Hayley smiles.

'Ooooh whats that sis. Make me one', Says Adam, peering off into Hayley's mug.

'You just had like 7 s'mores and damper', argues Hayley.

Stupid boys and their bottomless pits.

After devouring those delicious treats, I lie down on the log and stare into the night sky. A thousand stars dance wildly, cocooned in a midnight blue blanket. The my thoughts are suddenly broken by the constant throbbing of my hands. I look down.

Holy shit.

They are swollen red with tiny dots in the middle.

Stupid ants and their giant asses filled with poison.

'Jess', I call out.

'Yeah'.

'Have you seen your hands?'

'I know. It hurts so bad. What do we do?', I panic.

'Crap you guys. What happened to your hands', Screams Hayley.

'Really?' Jess rolls her eyes.

Facepalm.

Hayley grabs our arms and walks to the boys tent.

'Guys! Anyone know first aid', jokes Hayley.

Then I accidently make eye contact with a hot dude.

A tall guy with brown hair and smokey blue eyes walks toward us. Wow. He is cute. Kieran looks really similar. Gosh he has got such killer eyes. They look bluey grey.

'What happened. Don't worry I have done a first aid course before', he winks and brings the first aid kit out of the truck. I really don't want to ruin his perfect face tomorrow night for the epic pranks.

'Ummm, we don't know, some bugs probably bit us', Covers Jess, not telling the secret.

'Alright, its probably some fire ants', he says and gestures us to sit down on the log.

'It's not that bad but if you got stung a lot of times then it would be dangerous', says Kieran and rolls out some small thing badages/tape. I probably got stung 5 times.

Great. I'm twinning with Tyler now.

A jolt of electricity runs through me as He grabs my hand and puts some kind of water medicine thing that smells like eucalptus leaves. He is really adorable. I think I'm falling for him although I can't fall in love. I have seen him at a few places at school. I wonder why he hangs out with Adam and his other mates. I'm probably sure that he is in year eleven or something.

It stings like a bitch.

'It would probably swell up in a day but you need pressure on it to stop it', he smiles.

The bandage is really tight and it would probably give me marks.

After that we set up our Sleeping bags on the ground. I take a few more pictures and post them on snapchat.