29 | Dog Babies

My morning starts with happiness. Two days ago, Kieran and I got together. And when he saw the film, he was so ecstatic. He couldn't stop messaging me how amazing it was. Now he is finally going so see my house. And yes my mum is frantically cleaning the house quickly because I told her he is coming in like five minutes. You know how mums can be. Cleaning the house for presentation always.

Just as I tied my hair up, the door knocks. I shoot my younger brother a glare and open the door.

He is in a sweater and random shorts.

Love.

'Hey Pepper', he smiles. As when he does those adorable dimples pop out. They are too adorable. I just want to slap them because his smile makes me smile.

'You actually found my house, thought you would get lost with all those similar looking ones', I beam and kiss him on the cheek.

Walking in, we head straight to my room.

White walls with a blue feature wall, a giant bookshelf, beanbag in a corner and my tiny bed, all sprawled across the room in directions. I am really messy. Then I have my huge wardrobe which is a mirror slide in. Then on the wall where my bookshelf and beanbag is, I have a lot of pictures mangled all over the place. Quotes, tumblr pics, band logos and pictures.

After a while of doing whatever, I start making my way out when Kieran stops me.

'Is there like a monster under your bed or is that sound imaginative?', asks Kieran.

Walking back into my room, I can hear a noise. It's like a growling or a rustling noise from under the bed.

'What the hell', I exclaim and stand behind Kieran for protection.

Is it a monster. I have always believed that they hide under my bed.

'Can you check it out please', I point because I am so damn scared of that whimpering noise coming from it.

Is it a boogeyman?

Kieran moves carefully and then slides his hand under the bed. Pulling off the edge of the cover, he reveals the "monster".

'Oh my god. Babies!', I exclaim.

Nestled between my old clothes is my dog, Cookie; along with five puppies.

I start squealing. I knew this day would come. Every little girls dream has come true my dog has puppies.

They are so cute and pink and spotty and Adorable!

Even Kieran can't help smiling.

I stop squealing because I wouldn't want my mum or my poor brother to think of something else.

'Mum, Cookie has puppies', I shout and run downstairs.

Kie is just laughing and trailing behind.

'What. No wonder she was gaining weight', she looks shocked and walks upstairs.

Picking up the pups, a crowd forms. Mum wraps the puppies with a cloth or whatever and places them in a box.

'Can we keep them all', I stupidly say.

'How are we going to take care of five puppies', she questions and brings them downstairs.

'We can give some to Hayley and the others', I shake my head because I wouldn't want a stranger to be taking home my dogs baby.

'Well, we have to see', she says.

Uh.

No fair.

At least keep two or something.

About time. The day they were uh doing it, yeah. I was wondering if she was going to have puppies.

Every now and then, we go and check on the puppies. They are sleeping and it's so cute.

In the meantime I texted Hayley and she is going crazy about them. I told her she could pick one and she told her parents. They said Yes. Since when did Cookie even give birth? I think after like a certain amount of weeks and weaning, the puppies can go to homes.
So Hayley is like scrutinizing pictures and picking them out.

I have asked mum about it and how many we can have. She said two is fine! That is so unfair because it's our puppies. To be honest, we probably can't really take care of lots of dogs.

'Kie do you want a puppy?', I ask.

'Uh, I am not really sure I am the person who knows how to take care of them. I will probably end up feeding them cornflakes', he laughs.

'Well I will show you', I smile.

'Please Kie, you will be a good owner. Cookie will like it. It will be better if I knew that my dogs baby is given to someone I know', I explain.

After a bit of convincing, he is FINALLY adopting one!

So that is two going to be adopted, we need to fix another owner.

---
'You guys want puppies', I ask.

'What', exclaims Ethan.

'My dog gave birth to five puppies, we need to find one more home', I smile.

After all the dog drama, we all walked to Aaron's house.

Walking is Good excercise.

'Your dog had babies', laughs Aaron.
'We have cats. I never knew you had a dog', he smiles.

Cats are boring. Dogs are funny, cute and adorable and cats are just cute. They screech at you. Yeah I'm a dog person.

'So do you want one or not. Hayley and Adam are getting one and Kieran too!', I ecstatically announce.

'Uh no', they all say in unison.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

I feel sorry for the dad dog because he is barely around. Probably a player. I really don't want to give away a puppy to a random person. And what am I going to name them?