Chapter 22

Silph Co.

Training Belphie was the most difficult about this whole adventure. He is by far the laziest Pokémon I have, and the first impression he made reminded me of one of my favorite characters from a game that I play.

Thanks to Spike's mom presence, Belphie quickly got levels higher than he was. I had Spike and Haru let him merge in with everyone, and they all accepted him.

It also helped that we trained on the way to Saffron City, where we'd be challenging the next gym leader. The only strange thing I had to do was give the security guard a drink.

Before I knew it, we had arrived in Saffron City! I gasped at the very sight of the bright lights. I knew the first thing I had to do, but I couldn't just leave the city unexplored.

I apologized to my Pokémon in my head and ran straight to the brightest part of the city. I didn't even realize how dark it was until I stepped into Saffron City.

Something had caught my eye. It was a sketchy man, who looked as if he were up to something. I gulped and decided to follow him. The strange man took a turn onto a dark street, and I hesitated.

I had never truly feared for my life in this world, but my guy told me that if I followed him I may not have made it out alive.

"About time! So did you get it?" Asked a raspy voice.

"Of course! The boss is here too! He's in the Silph Company." Another low voice growled.

"The Silph Company?" I thought to myself, biting my lip and hiding behind a trash can. I gasped and ran back to the main road, realizing what was happening.

I sprinted to the Pokémon Center, scrambling to get my pokéballs ready for Nurse Joy to heal. I even bought some Super Potions and Revives.

Nurse Joy informed me where the Silph Company was, and I arranged my Pokéballs so that Spike was in front.

I knew right away which building it was, there were several men in black in the front. I didn't know how I was supposed to sneak myself in, but I knew one way that might work.

I gulped and stepped into the light, hoping that they wouldn't care if I entered. To my utmost surprise, they didn't care.

I breathed a sigh of relief and opened the doors to the Silph Company. The lobby was quiet, and not a soul could be seen or heard. A chill ran through my spine, but I did see something that I've always wanted to wear: a Team Rocket uniform.

I glanced around, but no one was around so I found a corner and changed. There was a mirror in the lobby so I took a quick look, and I loved the way I looked. The uniform made me feel badass.

"Hey!" Thundered a loud voice.

I quickly turned around and stood face to face with another Team Rocket member, and he was pissed.

"Identify yourself."

I gulped and slowly inched my hands towards my belt.

He sighed. "I thought so. This is yours isn't it?" He asked, handing me a card with random numbers on it.

I looked at him with a confused expression on my face.

He patted my head. "Don't lose it next time, you might drop it where you shouldn't."

His concerned face made me think that there weren't all bad members in this organization, but I remembered the Zubat.

"By the way... when did you join?" He asked, curiously staring at me.