Chapter 8

Mt. Moon

The entrance to Mt. Moon was quite intimidating, a dark gloomy cave with echoes that could only resemble the flutter of an eyelash. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before entering.

"I'm not alone anymore... I have my Pokémon." I muttered to myself.

With one last look at the bright sunlight, I stormed inside the cave. All I heard was the faint noise of water drops on the floor, and I swear that I could feel a spider web on me.

I squealed when I felt something brush against my arm, and since I couldn't see anything I ran straight into a large rock. None of my Pokémon knew the move Flash, so I had to do my best with my horrible night vision.

I would've liked to had a Charmander right now since it had a flaming tail, but I wouldn't trade Haru for anything. I carefully maneuvered through the darkness, and eventually got to a room where there was a small light.

I couldn't see anyone if anyone was even inside of the room, but the cave was covered in bat poop. My nostrils couldn't take the smell, so I called out Haru to freshen the air.

Haru only helped a little, but having him out made me relax a little more. Knowing that my friend was here with me, I felt as if I could take on the world.

A loud crash came from deeper within the cave, causing Haru and me to jump. I heard commands from a trainer, and I just thought it was a trainer wanting to catch a Pokémon.

Haru tugged on my socks and gave me a worried look. I almost tripped when he bit my sock.

I pet his head. "Nothing bad is happening over there. It's like where we caught... actually when we catch a team member."

Haru glanced around the cave quickly and ran off. He brought back a shiny black stone with a clouded center.

"A moonstone?" I gasped.

"Moonstone?!" Called out a raspy voice.

I quickly shoved the Moon Stone in my bag and hid behind some rocks.

"I'll take your fossils later." The raspy voice hissed.

I heard the footsteps of what could only be large boots, with each step he took he kicked a small rock in my direction.

I heard him gasp with shock. "A Bulbasaur?!"

I froze. I glanced behind me and Haru's little butt was sticking out. I tried to reach for his arm, but the man scared Haru into a different corner.

My heart was sinking. I'd have to reveal myself and most likely die, but Haru meant more to me than my own life at this point.

"Hey!" I shouted.

The man flinched while smacking his head on a small rock. "Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm just a trainer who wants to pass through Mt. Moon! Who are you?!"

He cackled like it was a stupid question. "I- no, we, are apart of Team Rocket! And we will steal every single Pokémon and fossil in this world."

I gasped. "Team Rocket? The evil criminal organization!?"

He scoffed. "We just strive for a better world! The mind of a child will never be able to comprehend what our goal is."

"I'm not that young! Now, leave this cave before I am forced to intervene!"

The man laughed his butt off. "Oh please! You couldn't even beat the lowest of our grunts."

I scowled are his rude comment, and tried not to laugh. "You couldn't even beat a ten-year-old child! Don't try and compare me to your grunts."