Chapter 2

A whole new world

I rubbed my eyes, wanting to leave this dream before I got too attached. But I kept seeing the same faint light and Professor Oak's silhouette growing more profound every time.

"Hello there."

I was really trying not to reply with "General Kenobi," but it was hard. I managed to resist as Oak came into full view of the now bright light.

"Everyone affectionately refers to me as the Pokémon Professor, but you can just call me Professor Oak."

I wasn't planning on ever calling you anything, but alright.

"Now tell me... are you a boy or a girl?" Oak asked.

Ah yes, the question that always irritated me as a child.

"Girl," I replied.

"Your name?" He asked.

Saying that reminded me of the Makoto Shinkai film, which by the way, made me bawl.

"Alyssa."

The bright light started to glow again, and I saw a handsome face with spikey light brown hair and bright green eyes.

"This is my grandson, I forget his name so could you please remind me?" Oak asked, Atari blankly into the darkness.

I walked around Oak and thought of what I used to call my rival. I stared into the photo, watching his bright eyes.

"Green... that's his name." I replied confidently.

His photo disappeared, and Oak cleared his throat. "Alyssa, your very own adventure in the Pokémon world is about to begin! A world filled with dreams and adventure. Let's go!"

The light swallowed the Professor and soon ate me too. I shut my eyes tightly and prayed that I wouldn't wake up anytime soon.

***

I rolled over on my pillow, I could hear my voice groan as I felt for my phone. After continuously reaching for a phone that clearly isn't there, I decided to actually open my eyes.

I stared at an unfamiliar ceiling, while in an unfamiliar room. I leaped up, covering myself with the blanket covered in Pikachu. I glanced around the room and saw a large computer screen.

I slowly got up from the very comfortable bed and logged on to the PC, which was thankfully unlocked.

A calendar was open, and today was labeled as the "big day". I don't know what was so amazing about this day, but I was eager for what was in store.

I stretched my arms out and saw that an outfit was placed on a lone chair. A bright blue tank top with a scarlet red skirt, not to mention knee-high sky blue socks, and a white hat. I wasn't interested in the hat, but I could wear what was laid out.

That was when I looked into the mirror for the first time, I now had bright green eyes with long chocolate brown hair. I don't think I aged since I appeared to be around 16, which is my actual age.

I opened the door to my room and revealed a dark hallway with stairs at the end of it. I casually pranced down and saw a woman who looked in her early 40's sitting at the table. She was reading that newspaper and chowing down on some waffles.

"Hey ma, where's my breakfast?" I asked, hoping that the old body spoke to her like that.

She put down her fork and gave me a sour expression. "Right... all kids leave home someday. It said so on tv."