Chapter 7

The Wrath of Spike

I stared at the boy in front of me, his cocky smirk was firing me up. I wanted to say yes, but I knew my Pokémon wouldn't be able to handle that.

"Can't you see that I just got out of the gym?" I hissed.

"Woah! Calm down, Alyssa. I was joking." Green chuckled, "I'm here to give you these. They're from your mom."

He handed me a shoebox, and to my surprise, they were brand new white tennis shoes with a red line down the center.

"My mom got me these?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"When they were delivered to the Pokémon center, I was just as surprised as you were," Green replied.

"And why did you have this?" I asked, putting my shoes on while balancing on one foot.

Green paused for a long time before speaking again. "Nurse Joy.... asked if anyone knew where you were, and I happened to be walking out of my room. And now, here I am."

He sounded very hesitant to answer, but very confident at the end.

"Well, thanks." I smiled.

He smirked at me, and then patted my head. "Well, I'll be going to Cerulean City. I'll see you when I beat the gym. Smell ya later!"

I flattened down my hair as he ran off, I watched as his figure disappeared into the ongoing cityscape. I felt my chest squeeze itself, but I shook off the feeling and went on my way.

I quickly put on my new shoes, and I felt like a child again. I felt as if I could run faster than anyone else while wearing these bad boys, and I did.

I ran through Route 3 while searching for a Pokémon I had my eyes on from day one. No sign of him so far, but that'll definitely change since we were going to Mt. Moon.

Luckily, the trainers on Route 3 had pretty much all big types, and Osore could grow levels. Even Haru was gaining levels, there shouldn't be a lot more time until he evolves.

Unfortunately for Osore, he got poisoned by a Weedle of all things, so we needed to find a Pokémon Center and fast.

As always, Nurse Joy was quick with the healing process. We were out of there in less than 5 minutes, and in record time too. It was just about dusk, and I wanted to catch the Pokémon before nightfall.

I called everyone out and explained to them that we needed to find the chosen Pokémon ASAP, and describing it was quite hard when I forgot what color they are.

Haru took off without waiting for me to finish, and Osore started gliding through the sky.

"Make sure you look!" I grumbled loudly.

I walked through the knee-high grass, carefully searching for the Pokémon I wanted. However, I kept finding Weedles and Pidgeys. It's a great opportunity to fill my Pokédex, but I wanted to continue my adventure.

After running around for a long time, I felt a sharp stab in the back of my leg. I haven't been running that long, nor did this grass seem poisonous.

I sat down on a nearby rock and took my shoe off. My right leg was throbbing with pain as soon as I sat down, and it started fading into a deep purple color.

"I really hope this isn't poison..." I muttered to myself.

I groaned loud enough to attract attention from Weedles, and I glared at them since they got me poisoned. Their little silver horns shot out a poison sting against me while I was looking for something else.

The Weedles scurried away when I cried out in agony as I slowly rubbed my foot. I heard rustling in the grass and grabbed my shoe, I almost fell because of the pain on my leg.

"Bulba! Bulbasaur!" Haru growled.

My heart stopped, "Haru... it's only you."

Haru has his vines out and they were tied around something. Osore was grunting too and had a bright pink berry in his mouth.

"Did y'all get upset over a Pecha berry?" I chuckled.

They took one look at my leg and shrieked, Haru yanked his vines from the grass with a vivid purple Pokémon tangled up.

The Pokémon didn't make any attempts to escape from us, but it didn't even look at me either.

"You guys kidnapped a Pokémon? Oh my gosh." I panicked.

Haru and Osore looked shameless as they tormented the poor Pokémon, but the Pokémon didn't care.

Haru then turned to me and screamed in anger. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but I understood that this Pokémon had done something wrong.

I unwrapped the Pokémon and noticed that it was a Nidoran. Its distinct purple color made it a boy, and I knew that this Pokémon would be apart of my team. I noticed that it's horn was pulsing and knew why they were mad.

"Did you possibly sting me?" I asked the timid Pokémon.

He stopped moving and bashfully nodded.

I chuckled. "Can't control your poison huh? Haru couldn't control his vines when he first started using them either."

"BULBA!" Haru shouted.

Nidoran started to grin but held back when I scolded Haru.

"I'm going to ask, did you hit me with your poison sting?"

He avoided eye contact and slightly nodded. Osore then gave me the bright pink berry, I ate it and it tasted like strawberries.

The swelling stopped and my pain went away.

"With a poison like that, I think you'll be great for our team. What do ya say?" I grinned, putting my shoe back on.

I swear, his little eyes lit up like the night sky. "Nidooooo!"

I smiled and gave him a pokéball, he hopped in, and then I gave him his valued name. "You're name is Spike."

Haru and Osore both flocked around him and started making small talk, watching these little guys were so cute. Haru started telling him about Green since he began sneering when he spoke.

I don't know what was said, but he made it feel like I just got an overprotective little brother. Spike yawned as he stared at Haru and Osore and eventually fell asleep while they kept talking to him.

I looked in the sky, dusk falling into place with hints of darkness not far behind. I called them all back and headed to the Pokémon center. Nurse Joy gasped when she saw me, I looked down and saw that I was covered in dirt.

I gave my Pokémon to her and went to take a quick shower, and I went to sleep shortly after since we had a busy day tomorrow. We were going into Mt. Moon.

Hello! Sorry for the long delay, but my artist wanted to update her artstyle which will be noticeable in future chapters. But thanks for reading :D