Chapter 1

Getting Isekai'd

I truly hated the look in her eyes as I stared down at her, my former best friend who isn't ashamed of what she likes, she looked like she wanted to shout the truth out.

"Fucking weeb," I smirked, shoving her head in the game.

I ruined her save file, I could tell by the wistful tear in her eyes. I mouthed that I was sorry, but I could tell that she wouldn't forgive me.

I didn't deserve it, and I didn't question it. I did it for approval within this pathetic Highschool career of mine, but it didn't heal this empty feeling that I had.

I went back to the cafeteria while everyone was glaring at me. I know it only makes me an ass, but to the kids I wanted to impress, it makes me a badass.

I sat down in the back of the lunchroom and took my phone out so I could text my former friend. Unsurprisingly, she blocked me.

I shouldn't be so shocked, but I sighed heavily. I slammed my head down on the table, but soon after I felt a warm entity sit beside me. I rolled my head over, but I only saw the richest amber eyes.

I rolled my eyes and groaned, but he saw me too.

"Is that all you have to say when you blew me off?" He flicked the top of my hair.

"Shut up. Go away." I groaned.

His warm hand was placed on my hair as he ruffled it. "How about an apology? I really like you, you know? I even know about-"

"Jake!" I shouted. "Don't. If blowing you off didn't give you a hint, then I guess I'll have to just say it. I ain't interested in you like that."

His amber eyes pleaded with me. "Please... you haven't even given me a chance."

I sighed. "Bye."

"Where are you going?" He asked, getting up too.

"The library. If you're coming, then shut up."

I could feel his smirk as he caught up with me, putting his arm around my shoulder. He always had a way of irritating me, but I found it quite comforting at times.

Aside from my ex-friend, Jake is the only other person who knows about my nerdy side, and he still accepts me. He found out by mistake actually, I was just in a GameStop when he came in. I won't ever forget his facial expression when he saw me in my Pikachu hoodie.

His face was exactly like the surprised Pikachu meme, and it became a great memory for both of us.

By the end of the day, he had already planned another outing with me. I suppose I could go, I didn't have anything better to do after all.

My mom showed up in her bright red Lexus, whom she named 'Cherry', and she told me that it was my future car. Not that I wasn't thrilled with this, but I wanted a cerulean blue mustang.

My mom greeted me with her usual hello, and I slumped into the front seat while she plopped her purse on my lap. The car ride was silent as I took a quick nap, but after what felt like a second we were home.

My stomach growled loudly and my mom laughed at me. "Hungry huh?"

I could feel my face heat up. "Yeah... what's for dinner?"

"I'm thinking about asking your dad to pick up Pizza." She replied, stretching her arms out.

I internally groaned. "Super."

I grabbed my pup, who was jumping around my legs and took off upstairs. I turned on my game boy and played through Pokémon Fire Red, which is one of my favorite games.

I always picked the same starter and got the same team, so I decided to try another Pokémon. I rolled over on my bed and started yawning.

I raised my eyebrow at my game boy, which was going black, and different words were being spoken.

Do you wish for more?

The game showed me a question, and I figured my device was finally busted after years of me playing on it.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure." I grumbled.

Do you wish for another life?

I groaned at this evasive question. Who doesn't yearn to be someone else?

"Obviously." I hissed.

The garage door opened, and I could smell the garlic spread. My stomach made the sound of a whale mating call as I placed my game on my bed. I ran downstairs, ate my dinner, and scampered back upstairs.

I checked my phone and saw a bombardment of texts from Jake, who was planning on taking me to the new Makoto Shinkai film.

I gasped at this exciting discovery and immediately texted him back, saying I could go.

I quickly jumped into a warm shower and sang my favorite anime theme songs. I knew I sounded off-key, but I was so over the moon that I didn't care.

I collapsed back into my bed and resumed my game, hoping that it was fixed by now. That same question was waiting for me, and I just hit yes.

I yawned once again and fell back on my pillow. My eyes slowly started to blur my vision, my body became limp, and I fell into a deep slumber.

When I opened my eyes it was pitch black. Not a trace of the sun was here.

I saw nothing, but total darkness.

"Am... I dead?" I whispered to myself.

"Do you wish it to be permanent?" Asked a squeaky voice.

"What? Do I want to- no! What the hell happened?!" I hollered.

"I simply granted your wish." The voice answered back.

"What wish?!" I shouted back.

"Where you wanted to live a different life."

I raised my eyebrow, if I even had them, and tried to recall what my supposed wish was.

"Could you give me a hint?" I asked.

I could hear the voice sigh in disbelief. "When the black screen asked if you wished for another life?"

"Oh... that was serious?"

"Yes! I granted your wish!"

"I thought it was just my broken game." I shrugged.

The voice didn't reply back, and no matter how many times I called out, nothing replied.

I couldn't feel it, but I knew I was running. My legs carried me as far as I could go, but there was still nothing in sight. I didn't even get tired either, so I was just my conscious mind wandering around in this dark abyss.

A dim light appeared in front of my nonexistent body. A small white light just started growing out of nowhere, I leaped back so I could observe this.

I could feel my eyes widen as the picture became transparent, it was a face I yearned to see all of my life. A face I never thought I would see, the grandpa I've always wanted.

"Professor Oak?"

Yay! The first chapter is out! If you guys have any team suggestions or anything I'd be happy to consider! I hope you continue reading :D