Chapter 41

My eyes felt heavy like I hadn't opened them in a long time. I tried to get up, but I was being constricted by something.

"Did I end up staying with Green last night? I don't even remember! What the hell..." I thought to myself, opening my eyes.

The light blinded me and my throat felt extremely dry. I could hardly talk. I came to my senses and saw what room I was in.

A hospital room. I gasped and saw myself in a nearby mirror. I could see my oily hair and dry skin, but my eyes were frantic and filled with tears. I hadn't realized I had been crying yet my tears were stained with water.

The door to my room suddenly opened, and a nurse dropped what she had been carrying when she noticed me. "You're awake!"

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell them what happened to me since no one would've believed me.

***

My parents had come at the moment they heard I was awake. They were crying tears of joy and hugging me as I looked on with empty eyes. I could hardly understand them, but my vitals were getting worse by the day.

If that was truly the case, I wonder how I ended up back here. I didn't want to be here. I felt like crying, but I knew they wouldn't understand how I felt.

I had been in a coma for 3 months. I had missed 3 whole months of school, but that was good for my sanity. I stared at my hands with a blank expression, I noticed something that gave me hope.

A brown feather was in my hand, Osore's feather. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing out. My parents didn't understand why I was crying, and I could never explain to them that I wanted to go back into a coma.

They misunderstood the reason for my tears and comforted me. They held me tightly until I calmed down, telling me that I was going to survive this.

In the midst of all this, the nurse knocked on my door again. This time, two more people were waiting behind her. I saw who it was and didn't know how to react.

It was Bella, my ex-best friend, who was sobbing and her face lit up when she saw me. I couldn't say anything since I thought she was done with me, but I won't lie and say I wasn't happy.

The other person was Jake, who was smiling with tears in his eyes. He wrapped me in an embrace where I could smell his cologne. A face flashed in my mind, his childish smile never disappearing.

I gently pushed him away, offering a small bitter grin. He quickly let go and apologized, perhaps he misunderstood why I hesitated to return his feelings.

The three of us talked, we settled things with me hardly saying anything. After what seemed like forever, Bella said she had to leave. She threw her arms around me, which I returned with hesitation. Leaving Jake and me to talk.

The atmosphere was slightly awkward since I rejected his hug. He still held my hand, but I couldn't get Green's face in my mind.

"Um... I realized something." Jake suddenly announced.

I questioned him and listened.

"I... like you. I want to go out on a date with you, please. I nearly lost you once, I won't lose you again." He declared, staring straight into my eyes.

His heartfelt emotions were unwavering as he stared into my eyes. I gripped Osore's feather tightly but responded with my honest feelings.

"I'm in love with someone else, sorry..." I replied.

***

"Alyssa, sorry I'm late!" Jake shouted as he caught his breath.

I patted his back. "Don't worry! I haven't been here that long either."

He frowned. "It's a guy's job to get here before you..."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand. "Come on! We have to go get good seats!"

Jake and I had started dating. He claimed he didn't care that I like someone else, even if that person didn't 'exist' in this world. I reluctantly accepted his confession and this was our 5th date.

Bella was also seeing someone, and we made up. I proudly admitted that I love Pokémon and anime, causing me to lose my spot at the top of the school. However, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I made Osore's feather into a necklace, which I wear every day. As we all walked into the theater, I stopped and looked at the sky.

"I never... completed the Pokédex."

The book is finished! I can't believe that I came this far and finished!!! I'm so happy that you guys have stuck with me to the end! If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll post another chapter answering them! Thank you all for your support! :)