/Chapter 55/

Last night Hadessa tried to slip some bleach in Beau and Hunters food. She had tried to do it before but it's hard because Beau measures out all of the cleaning products in cups and then takes then locks them away. She had mixed a good but unnoticeable portion in the mens ranch but her plan backfired when Hunter came home with Mcdonalds for dinner. She had thought about risking it and slathering some of the bleached ranch into their mayonnaise which they put on their burgers, but she had no way of getting their burgers alone.

So instead, she's planning on making pancakes tomorrow morning and mixing bleach in their batter. It's risky business considering she might also end up confusing the bleached pancakes from the ones for her and the kids.

But she has to try something. Sneaking out at night won't work because Beau locks her room every night. And the rooms that have window, Beau refuses for anyone to open their blinds and even slapped Holden the other day for taking a peek outside. She's thought of stabbing them with a knife but that wouldn't work either since both of them could easily overpower her. And their smart enough to lock the knife drawer and when she cuts meat they give her one knife and stay in the kitchen to make sure she doesn't do anything when their backs are turned.

That night was the night before Jackson's birthday.

Hadessa had cried, like seriously broken down and sobbed with snot coming from her nose as her heavy heart tried to lessen it's burden. To say she wasn't angry at God would be lying because a part of her was. She asked him why he would let her go through all this when she has always been his faithful servant. Born and raised in his house and never left and this is what she gets? That's when it hit her, God never promised that life as a Christian would be easy, but he did promise to be there with us through the storm.

She said one last prayer thanking God for keeping her alive this far and begging him for a miracle. With that she put her trust in him and went to sleep.

***

The next morning carried on the same, Beau unlocked her door, she changed Jaspers diaper and left him on her bed asleep before heading out to the bathroom to get ready and then cook. She would have gotten Natalie but Beau always gets her ready first thing in the morning and it honestly ticks her off that he's the first thing she always sees.

"Caspian? Why are you on the floor again?" She frowns at the sight of her son curled up on the floor at the side of the bed.

He lifts his head up and rubs his eyes, "I like it here".

She knows Hunter's boys kicked him off and he just doesn't want to tell her so she doesn't get beat again like two days ago.

"From now on your sleeping with me. I don't care what your grandfather has to say, this is ridiculous! Get up, you wanna go sleep some more in my bed?"

He stands up and follows her to her little room. Hadessa doesn't trust Caspian not to roll over and sleep on top of Jasper so she gets out the bucket she's been currently using as Jasper's bed because Beau refuses to let Jasper use some of Natalie's things and Hunter could care less about the baby. He's just focused on starting a new family with her and that thought motivates her even more to get out. She knows the second her period ends, he's going to force himself on her.

She places Jaspers tiny body inside the bucket which she put pillows and blankets inside so he wouldn't be sleeping on a hard surface. Caspian settles in bed and she opens the door to go out when a nock comes from the door. At first she pays it no mind because Hunter usually comes back around this time to grab breakfast really quick and then go back on duty. She continues walking down the hall and watches as Beau approaches the door with Natalie in his arms.

Baue goes to unlock the door but then stills and that's when it hits Hadessa, Hunter always nocks a million times because of his impatient nature.

Beau barely has time to run away before someone shouts something from the other side and the door is broken off its hinges.

Men with guns drawn storm in and Hadessa screams in fear but then she hears him. The most angelic voice she has ever heard. Even on her deathbed Hadessa knows she's always going to hear that voice the night Jackson came to rescue her.

"Baby it's me".

Jackson goes to reach for his wife but then notices his daughter in his Dad's arms. Beau is completely refusing to give her up and has cornered himself behind the couch as he cries real tears. Hadessa has never seen the man cry and honestly didn't think he was capable of it. Jackson only saw him cry at his Mother's funeral so he knows his Dad was crazy attached to the baby if he's going to cry like a child about her.

"Dad! You need to stop, you freaking her out!"

"Jackson, I swear boy, you can take all of them but let me-"

Jackson scoffs, "Your mental if you think I'll leave you with my Daughter for even another second. Give her to me or I'ma shoot ya dead".

Everyone in the room can tell Jackson isn't playing. He's got his gun out and pointing straight at Beau's head. A few police officers stayed to back him up and the rest went all over the house probably looking for Caspian and Hunter.

Jackson finally moves closer to the couch when Natalie and Beau's cries slow down. He stretches out his hand to his father who looks down at his granddaughter with a tearful face and gives her a wet kiss on the mouth. He breaths into her sweet baby smell and feels her soft dirty blonde curls in his face before finally handing her over to Jackson with shaky hands.

Jackson snatches Natalie and quickly wipes her lips with his handkerchief before turning his back to his father who is screaming in agony. Hadessa stares up at him for a few second before running to his arms and breaking apart once again. But this time it's from relief and joy.

They don't realize Caspian is in the room until he jumps on Jackson screaming and crying to be picked up.

"Come on baby let's go", Jackson says tugging Hadessa to the door.

"Wait", she says pulling back. "I have something important I can't leave behind".

He watches her run down the hallway and when she comes back with a baby in her arms he frowns, "Bailey was pregnant if I remember clearly"

She nods, "yeah but she...Hunter killed her".

Jackson nods before sighing, "He's already in custody, I'll let them know and I'm sorry you had to see it baby. We can give the baby and the rest of Hunter's boys to-"

She shakes her head, "I'm nurtured this baby to health and I loved him when no ones else would. I hate to split him from his brothers, but they wouldn't agree to coming with me. All I know is that I'm not leaving him, Jackson. He's mine".

The idea of raising Hunter's child, after everything his brother did to him growing up and right now disturbs Jackson. But he takes a long look at Hadessa's eyes and realizes how pure she is. One eye has a burst blood vessel, her cheek is swollen, her arms have lashes on them. She went through so much but yet she can't find it in herself to hate something that come from the man who tormented her. For Jackson it's going to take a while for him to fully love the baby, he hates to even admit that but not admitting it would be lying. But he knows he will, he learned to love before, it took the pure heart of Hadessa to open his eyes, but he did it. If he did it before, he can do it again.

Jackson squeezes Caspian whose in one arm and looks from his daughter that's in his other and his new son who his wife is holding. Something about it felt right.

"Ours, he's ours".

A/N: Next chapter is tear jerker so be aware and keep a tissue close by.