/Chapter 7/

Caspian is beyond excited that he is getting released from the hospital today. The small boy hasn't been home for a long time and would tell Jackson how much he misses his dog's and friends. Watching his overly excited son makes Jackson happy. He hasn't seen the child like that since Christmas.

His hair and eyebrows were gone do to the chemotherapy but Cas didn't seem to care all that much about that. He even told Jackson that he wants a hairless cat so that they can match. Jackson shut that down because he hated cats for one and to get hairless one was asking for too much. He did promise his son another dog though but he hopes the child would forget about it as the days pass by.

"Mr. Redmond can I please talk to you?"

Jackson looks up at the young doctor before following her outside the room and to the end of the hallway. It's been a week and two days since he shut her down and they haven't said much to each other.

Jackson hates to admit it but he feels bad about it. Which bothers him because he's called plenty of people racist names but something inside him feels guilty for calling her such things. A part of him wants to apologize but the other part is filled with pride and doesn't see any wrongdoing.

His conversations with her made him thick hard. Maybe it was the fire in her eyes or the way she sounded like she was right but he went home one night and did his own research about how blacks were created. And for the first time ever, he even read the Bible for himself. He'd rather die than say it outloud but Hadessa was right. But Jackson needs to do more research and thinking before he is fully convinced.

"So, a thing that I do when a child is going home is that I bake a cake for them to celebrate. So...I was wondering if I could make one for Caspian".

Jackson can't understand why she continues to treat his son so sweetly while he does nothing but berate her. He has had other doctors who were the 'I'm here to clock in and clock out' type and they never cared about Caspian on a deep level. So Jackson knew that she didn't have to go above and beyond but here she was asking to bake a cake for his son.

The woman pauses and looks up at Jackson. The man can't help but notice how the sunlight hitting her eyes makes them look like pools of honey. He has never noticed how beautiful her light brown eyes were until now.

"...I mean, I completely understand if you don't want to-".

Jackson gives her a sharp nod, "no, Caspian has been talking about the cake for days. Just make it gluten free".

After recovering from shock she gives him a small smile, "Okay! And he also made some friends. Is it ok if he invites them over?"

At this the man frowns, "not a lot. Five is the maximum".

He didn't want Caspian being accidentally exposed to anything right as he was improving.

The doctor's small smiles falls but she gives him a small nod, "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then".

Jackson stands with his arms crossed as he watches her walk away. He notices that although her white coat was loose it did nothing to stop her butt from poking out. It was a different sight compared to all the other female doctors he has seen at the hospital.

"Daddy?"

Jackson looks away from the woman's ass and to his son that was standing at the door.

"Why were you staring at Dr. Dessa?"

Clearing his throat, he swiftly adjusts his pants. He ignores his son and walks into the room pretending to find the Toy Story movie interesting. He was angry at himself for the way his body was reacting to a woman like her.