/Chapter 41/

Early gift for my loves;)

A Month and a Half Later

Once again Beau has made the trip up to Delaware.

He would have went by plane which is quicker but the guns and machete he's carrying wouldn't have been allowed on board. And going by plane would give him away if Hadessa pointed him out as a potential suspect and the police checked and saw that he had flown to Delaware around the same time the baby was murdered.

Jackson is also causing a ruckus back home by post her all over social media, hiring a private detective and even begging the news to air his 'story'. That boy has been keeping Beau on his toes and busier than he imagined he'd be.

So just to stay on the safe side, he ditched the airplane and drove through three States to finally get here.

It's been a good month since he was last here so he figures that she's given birth now. If she for some reason hasn't, he'll wait it out in a motel and then come back to finish the job.

After closing the door behind himself, Beau walks to her bedroom where he finds her fast asleep with the baby in a bassinet.

He hovers above the sleeping infant and watches as it squirms around. Somehow it was able to loosen the blanket that it was swaddled with and now it's face is covered.

This makes it easier for me, Beau thinks. He can just suffocate it and once it's dead he's good to go. No DNA would point back to him and he won't have to clean anything up.

The baby moves again giving Beau a good look at the gold earrings on it's tiny ears.

"What in da fuck? Issa girl?" He whispers out loud.

For some reason, Beau never thought that the baby would be a girl. He only has sons and all his grandkids are boys. In fact there are probably two girls in his whole family. The Redmond men have always had a problem producing women.

The infant moves once more and Beau gets a better look at it's tiny angelic face.

"Eve?" He whispers in disbelief.

It's her, he tells himself. No way it isn't, this is how he always pictured her to look like, an angel.

No. I can't chicken out again, he scolds himself. Last time he was here he pussied out and didn't finish the job, tonight, he must get it done.

Bring his sweaty shaking hand down over the infant's mouth and nose, Beau goes to tighten his grip when she begins to suckle on his palm followed by her watery eyes blinking open.

For the first time in his life, Beau panics. This isn't part of the plan! And he's supposed to be gone by now.

Removing his hand, he stares down at the saliva on his palm before looking down at the fussing infant. Hadessa shifts in bed behind him, reminding Beau that things would be messy if the mother wakes up to see him over her child.

With shaking hands, Beau lifts the baby up and watches as the blanket falls back down to the bassinet. It hasn't been long since he's held a baby but he feels brand new for some reason.

The tiny infant rests her head on the crook of his neck and begins to suckle on him again. It's obvious that she's hungry and probably woke up to feed. As if his body is on autopilot, Beau walks to the kitchen and opens the fridge to find small bags filled with breast milk.

He pulls out a clean bottle and fills it with a milk from one of the bags before heating it up in the microwave. When it's done, he walks back to the couch and cradles the infant as she drinks. He's honestly never done this before because Natalie was always nervous about him being around the kids when they were babies. But it isn't that hard to figure out what to do.

With his free hand, Beau reaches out to trace the bridge of her small nose. The exact one his Eve has. Even her eyes and lips are exactly Eve's. By now Beau is convinced it's her, his Eve.

The infant spits out the nipple when she finishes the bottle, Beau puts her over his shoulder so he can burp her. When a satisfying soft burp escapes her lips, he holds her out in front of him and continues to admire her.

She's perfect. Although tiny-too tiny actually. She's smaller than all of his boys when they were first born and his grandkids as well.

"What the fuck? Is the n*gger not feeding her?" Beau question no one in particular.

He has to save his grandchild. The mother is most likely just like his late wife and probably hates this baby because she's not fully black. Because she's got the Redmond blood inside of her. But Beau isn't going to let that monkey kill his grandbaby, especially not his only Granddaughter. His little Eve.

Somehow he's going to have to kill her and take the baby. But he can't right now because the infant is still breastfeeding and he refuses to let any grandchild of his drink any formulas. He believes that there's nothing but toxic chemicals in them.

The tiny human coos up at him as he carries her back to the room. It's clear she's formed a liking to him because she starts to fuss when he sets her down in the bassinet. An unusual feeling tugs at his heart as he thinks of leaving and Beau reluctantly strokes her cheek before slipping outside into the night.

He truly wishes he doesn't have to leave her but it can't be helped.

But with that being said, he'll most definitely be making an appearance soon to see if the n*gger is indeed abusing his granddaughter.

He won't have none of that. No sir, especially not for his Eve.

Authors Notes/Questions:

1. Who is this Eve?

2. Wheew chile, I'm ready to take the heat on Hadessa piercing Natalie's ears at 1 and 1/2 months old. Hear me out guys, when I first wrote this chapter she was six months but then I realized she is not even 2 months old in the chapter after this which I wrote first. And I tried to replace the earrings but I couldn't think of anything else that would have caught Beau's attention.

3. Thoughts on baby ear piercings? Personally I don't have a problem with them if the child is around 5-6 months. In my country, they pierce babies right after birth so to me it's not a big deal but I understand how some have objections with it.

4. If it really upsets you, imagine she's a few months older, or that they are fake or whatever else you need to. Either way, please remember that this is not a real life story or real baby but only a work of fictional imagination.

Stay safe, I'll see y'all in a bit:)