Season 6, Chapter 2

Flashback

Fade in on a dead red body and a dead blue body. In comes a soldier in dark armor with yellow highlights who leans down over one of the bodies and starts fidgeting, causing a green glow to emanate upon him.

Voice: "Prime display activated. Restoring functions."

The voice is revealed to be an A.I.

A.I.: "Hello, how may I be of assistance to you?"

Soldier: "Instruction: identify yourself."

A.I.: "Executing; I am intelligence program Delta, as created for the special operative program Freelancer. I have been assigned to agent Foxtrot Twelve. Or, York. My assignment was recently killed in combat."

Soldier: "I noticed. Hold on."

Radio sounds.

Soldier: "Come in, Command. This is Recovery One. I've located the Delta A.I. He appears in tact."

Command: "This is Command, we need a full inventory of the carrier's equipment before it's decommissioned."

Recovery One: "Why do you need that?"

Command: "Recovery One, please respond to the directive. Perform a complete inventory."

Recovery One: "Roger Command. Recovery One out. Delta, instruction: run a full system diagnostic, with detail on armor components, analyze inventory."

Delta: "Executing, result: all components present. Armor at 70% peak capacity."

Recovery One: "Not bad for an old locksmith. Hey, need you to start a countdown for me. One hundred on the clock."

Delta: "Initiating. One hundred. Ninety-nine. Ninety-eight. May I make an inquiry?"

Recovery One: "Go ahead."

Delta: "Why was I not destroyed?"

Recovery One: "What?"

Delta: "When an assignee is killed in action, protocol dictates that all intelligence programs be destroyed."

Recovery One: "Yeah that's what they told me at first too. But you were encrypted until you could be recovered. I'm here to recover you."

Delta: "Recovery carries risk. Destruction ensures that an A.I. will not fall in to enemy hands."

Recovery One: "Are you complaining?"

Delta: "Not at all! Just noting a discrepency."

Recovery One: "What do you want from me guy? You cost a lot of money, okay? It's cheaper to recover you than it is to delete you. Go bitch to the accountants."

Delta: "If I have offended you, I do apologize."

Recovery One: "Yeah, I'm all busted up about it. Now, store yourself in a portable component, okay? I'm moving you."

Delta: "You could insert me in to your own A.I. slot. I do not show it as occupied."

Recovery "One: I don't think so."

Delta: "If you are having difficulty, I can walk you through the implantation procedure."

Recovery One: "I don't do that."

Delta: "Are you Agent Washington?"

Recovery One: "That's me."

Delta: "Then I understand. You had, difficulties with your assigned A.I. unit."