Sub Chapter: Alpha's memories

Ash: "Church. Think about it. Think about how this all plays. They sent you to a base all by yourself. You were placed in the middle of nowhere. All of that, was because of Freelancer. Just think about it."

Church was left speechless. His head lowered slightly as he began to have some thoughts. Soon after, everything started to slow down as his thoughts took over.

Church: "An A.I. The Alpha. This doesn't make sense. None of it makes sense! Ugh! Everywhere I go! Freelancer. Always. Screws. IT UP!"

Soon Ash and Washington's words echoed in his head. His anger growing into confusion. Moving to denial. And soon into confusion again. He looks towards the Epsilon unit then back at the two frozen soldiers. Then back at the Epsilon unit and walked towards it, crouching down to it.

Church: (Sigh) "Ok Epsilon. Let's see what you have to show me."

He placed his hand on the it and he got a memory flash. He goes thought multiple memories. Watching each time. Each time making it more and more painful. Everything the director had do e to him. Everything they've done. Epically when they created Beta. But this one... Was truly heartbreaking.

Flash to the inside of an unknown location, where bright blue lights shine from doors in the background.

Church: "Please... Please Epsilon! No more! No more!"

Counselor: (voice over) "Are you there, Alpha? Are you there?"

The Alpha AI walks into view.

Alpha: (frantically) "Yes! I-I'm here! I'm here. Hello? Don't lea- hey Counselor! Are you there?"

Counselor: (voice over) "I am here."

Alpha: "What- what happened? Is everybody okay?"

Counselor: (voice over) "Perhaps you should ask the Director."

Alpha: "Why? Does- does that mean something happened?"

Director: (voice over) "Hello Alpha."

Alpha: "Director, please, what is going on?"

Director: (voice over) "There was another incident; security failed."

Alpha: (frantically) "Is it the schematics? They're just- they're too complex. I just need more time to work on them."

Director: (voice over) "It's not your fault."

Alpha: "How can you say that? Of course it is! Was anybody hurt?"

Director: (voice over) "I am sorry. Yes. Washington and another died."

Alpha: (low sigh) "Who?"

Director: (voice over) "...I can't say."

Alpha: "Who? Who died?!"

Director: (voice over) "...Agent Texas."

Church: (softly) "Stop it..."

Alpha: "NO!! Oh my god, no!!"

The room begins to shake violently around the Alpha. Cut to an unknown room, outside the Alpha's location, where the Director and Counselor witness the Alpha's actions from a video screen hooked up to a large machine. Pillars holding memory units can be seen by their sides. Cut to another view of the Director and Counselor. A memory unit is seen hooked up to the machine in front of them. Alpha yells from the screen.

Alpha: (from the video screen) "No... no, no! God, NO!"

Director: "That's too far Gamma."

Church: "Stop it."

Sigma and Gamma appear next to the memory unit.

Sigma: (to Gamma) "We need stronger stimulus. He'll break."

Church: "Stop it! Stop it!"

On the video screen, Alpha begins to flash unstably. The Director, Counselor, Sigma, Gamma, and Omega watch.

Counselor: "He's ready. Bring in the stasis unit."

Director: "You three, log off."

Gamma and Omega disappear. Sigma, however, approaches the Director.

Sigma: "Director, I would like to see this part of the process."

Church: "Stop Epsilon! Please!"

Director: "You can't get near the artifact, it's too dangerous. Your job is done. Log off."

Sigma: As you wish.

Rather than logging off, Sigma enters a nearby video camera, in order to witness the upcoming event

Director: Get us another memory unit. A new one. Don't let it touch anything else.

Two soldiers wheel the Sarcophagus inside the room and proceed to open it. A multi-tentacled being emerges from inside.

Counselor: Move all other equipment away from it.

Director: That's right it's broken. We broke it, and we need you to fix it, just like you've done before. Here take this. Use this to fix it. Make it better; take away all that we broke, that's right. Put them in here.

The being repairs the memory unit.

Counselor: "It is done."

The Director picks up the memory unit.

Director: "Welcome to the world, Epsilon. Today, is your birthday."

Church: "STOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPP!!!"

Church yelled falling to his knees. Crying. Yes you heard me crying. The memories had ended as he clutched his head. He sobbed as he saw the memories of Epsilon. Or rather... the memories of himself. He felt as though two arms were wrapped around him in a comforting hug while he was on his knees. He turned his head to see Zeta giving the hug.

Soon everything resumed. No one, except Zeta, really knowing what happened in the span of those two seconds.