INVITATION OF DOOM

"Jyesht don't do this." Dushashan tried to stop Duryodhan who was lighting his room on fire.

"GO AWAY DUSHASHAN !!" Duryodhan pushed him away. Dushashan ran out of the room to call for help.

Duryodhan screamed in frustration as all the things in the court echoed in his mind. The memories of Pandavas taking his weapons, him falling in the water and the laughs of Sagarika and Draupadi echoed in his brain.

Karna came in his room hearing all the screams and was shocked to see Duryodhan like this all the pillars were falling from the fire

"Mitra, the reply to an insult is revenge and not killing oneself !!" Karna said. He ran towards him and saved him from a falling Chandelier.

"The Pandavas will have to set themselves on fire, Mitra ! Not you. You need to calm down." Karna said.

"Go away Mitra Karna, living on this earth now cannot give me any peace !" Duryodhan said.

"Duryodhan !!" Dhritrashtra, the blind king entered the room with Dushashan.

"Duryodhan, Have strength to be patient, please." Dhritrashtra said.

"How can I possibly be patient, father ? The wood of this room is not burning here !! My respect, my pride and the emotions of my heart are burning here !!" Duryodhan said.

"Those wicked Draupadi and Sagarika had snatched the weapons from your son in the court before everyone !!" Duryodhan cried.

"My friend karna has requested them to not take our weapons but to sentence us to death instead ! However the Pandavas didn't pay a heed. They insulted us Pitashree !!" Duryodhan said.

"Son, killing oneself is not the solution to any problem. We will discuss this matter calmly but let's go from here !" Dhritrashtra said.

"No, Pitashree !" Duryodhan denied.

"Maharaj, I cannot bear to see my friend in pain. The solution to this problem lies solely with you." Karna said.

"Please guide us Karna." Dhritrashtra said.

"Blinded by the arrogance in creating Indraprasth, the Pandavas have insulted my friend, Maharaj. Just give me order, I will defeat the Pandavas and annex Indraprasth to Hastinapoor !" Karna said.

"Mitra Duryodhan, I will bring that Sagarika to your feet !" Karna said.

"No my friend, the question is no longer about Indraprasth and Hastinapoor ! It is personal matter now. I do not wish to merely defeat them, I wish to insult them Mitra Karna !! An insult that will be remembered by history forever !!" Duryodhan roared.

~~INDRAPRASTH~~

An invitation came from Hastinapoor inviting them for Maharaj and Maharani to meet the new Kulvadhu and also to play a game of dice, Mahamantri Vidur himself bought the invitation but warned Yuddhistir not to go. But Yuddhistir said he'd come as a King can't deny the challenge of Battle and the game of Dice.

Sagarika was worried about it, thinking this was trap for something much bigger than their imaginations. Krishna too this morning left after indirectly warning them. Duryodhan wouldn't forget his humiliation that happened during the Rajsui Yagya.

Arjun came in the room and smiled seeing Sagarika, but frowned seeing the worry on her face.

"Sagarika, are you alright ?" He asked.

"Oh, where have you been ?" She asked.

"I was with Subhadra, telling her how to break the Chakra-Vyuh but she fell asleep halfway. She heard how to navigate into it but failed to hear the strategy to come out of it." Arjun said.

"I see." Sagarika said.

"Now you tell me, why are you looking so worried ?" Arjun asked.

"It's just the invitation that has been bothering me since morning. Something doesn't seem right." Sagarika said.

"Me too." Arjun said.

"I just don't feel safe going there." Sagarika said.

"Don't worry its going to be alright." Arjun said.

"What if things go south ?" Sagarika asked.

"Then I'll protect you, it my Dharma." Arjun said, Sagarika sighed. Arjun went close and sat in front of her, cupping her face.

"Now that I see you this close I can see that there's a bit of purple in the blue eyes of yours. How beautiful is that." Arjun commented making her blush.

"Oh you're silly." Sagarika said, getting up and going to the balcony.

"What ? I am just stating facts." Arjun said following her.

"Look I got something for you." Arjun said showing her a pair of Payals.

"They are beautiful." Sagarika said.

"Allow me.." Arjun said getting down on one knee. Sagarika looked at him confused.

"Keep you feet here." Arjun said patting his thigh, Sagarika did what he said.

Arjun took the payal and tied it around her feet and did the same to the other. Sagarika was in awe seeing the Payals they indeed were beautiful.

"I promise to protect you forever." Arjun said.

Sagarika looked at him and smiled. She then embraced him, Arjun stood their in shock, but he too held her closed.

'She likes me.' Arjun thought smiling like an idiot.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N
DYUT SABHA IS HERE !!! ARJUN PROMISED TO PROTECT SAGARIKA, SURELY HE CAN KEEP THE PROMISE AFTER ALL HE IS THE GREATEST ARCHER ARJUN, BUT WILL HE ? THATS THE REAL QUESTION.