BROTHERS

The 17th day of war was about end and Kunti was getting nervous for some reason. She has been panicking since morning and was waiting for the sun to set.

As soon as the sun set she hurriedly left for the battlefield, she could feel something was wrong. Sagarika and Draupadi saw it and when they asked her she shrugged it off.

Its been quite a while since the sun set and Sagarika and Draupadi were getting worried for them.

"They still didn't return." Sagarika said.

"Mata Kunti too left to the battlefield hurriedly." Draupadi said.

"Should we go and check ?" Sagarika asked. Draupadi nodded but as they were about to leave Pandavas with Kunti came to the camp.

All the Pandavas had grieved expression on their faces, Kunti's gaze were down in shame for some reason. Arjun seemed to be broken from inside, he ran up to Sagarika embracing her tightly and started sobbing. The Pandavas too fell on their knees crying, Draupadi went up to them.

"Arya what happened ?" Sagarika asked.

"I killed my own brother !!" Arjun cried as his grip around her tightened.

"Aryaputro !? What does Arya Arjun mean ?" Draupadi asked.

"Panchali, Angraj Karn..." Yuddhistir was unable to complete his sentence as tears choked his voice.

"Angraj Karn what ?" Draupadi asked.

"Angraj Karn was our brother !" Yuddhistir said as he broke into tears.

"WHAT !?" Sagarika and Draupadi exclaimed.

"Its true..." Kunti narrated the whole tale of how she accidentally called for Suryadev for a child and how she abandoned him.

"Oh." Was the only thing left the mouth of Panchali and Sagarika. They were confused as what to say. Arjun let's go of Sagarika and sits down on the ground depressed.

"Arjun, it was his last wish for you to do his final rites." Krishna said entering the camp.

Arjun wipes her tears and gets up, everyone make their way to Karna’s funeral pyre and find the Kauravas already there and Duryodhan sobbing looking at Karna’s dead body.

But the thing that shocked them most was Vrishali was also there sitting on top of the funeral pyre.

"Bhabhishree what are you doing ?" Yuddhistir asked.

"Please do me a favor and lit me too on fire." Vrishali said.

"Bhabhishree you can't do this ! Radha Maa say something to her !" Arjun said.

"I have nothing to say here." Radha Maa said who was holding Vrishketu.

"It is my choice Rajkumar Arjun, Lit the funeral pyre !" Vrishali said.

"But-" "I said do it !" Arjun was about to protest but Vrishali interjected.

"Sagarika before I go will please do me a favor ?" Vrishali asked, Sagarika nodded.

"Promise me you will take care of our son as your own." Vrishali said.

"I will. He will get all that is rightfully his." Sagarika said, Vrishali gave her a last smile and then closed her eyes.

This gave Arjun a hint to lit the funeral on fire, with a heavy heart and a trembling he gave them the fire.

They all turned their gazes down, they didn't had enough courage to look at Vrishali and Karn who together ascended the heavens.

This was all too much for the little Vrishketu, he ran away into the woods. Radha Maa was about to go after her but Sagarika stopped her.

"Allow me." Sagarika said, Radha Maa nodded and Sagarika ran behind Vrishketu to the woods.

"Are you happy now Arjun !?" Duryodhan asked. Arjun glared at him.

"I was lucky that I didn't won the swayamvar of Sagarika and Draupadi." Duryodhan said.

"DURYODHAN !!" Arjun warned.

"SHUT UP !! SEE WHAT YOUR WIVES HAVE DONE !! CAN'T YOU SEE THE DESTRUCTION THEY HAVE BROUGHT !?! THEY BOTH HAVE DESTROYED THE KURUVANSH !!" Duryodhan roared.

"JUST SEE HOW MANY HAVE DIED BECAUSE THEM EVEN IF YOU FORGET MY BROTHERS FOR A MOMENT ! PITAMAH BHISM ! GURU DRONACHARYA ! ABHIMANYU ! GHATOTKACH ! MITRA KARNA ! AND I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY MORE WILL DIE BECAUSE OF THEM !!" Duryodhan yelled and stomped away.

Arjun was frozen in spot, Krishna worriedly looked at him.

"Parth, don't pay a heed to him." Krishna said.

"No Madhav. He had a point." Arjun said leaving.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N
MISUNDERSTANDINGS ! I REPEAT MISUNDERSTANDINGS ! THIS IS NOT A DRILL !! I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL !!

NO ARJUN NO !! HE DIDN'T HAVE A POINT !!