DRAUPADI AND SAGARIKA

Most of the Kings, Crown-Princes and Princes are here and none can lift the eye off from Sagarika. They had never seen a beauty like that, her skin was pale as moon but bright as the sun, hair dark as the woods of ebony and lips were red as new bloomed roses.

The Crown Princes were eager to make her the future queen of their kingdoms. One of those crown-prince was Duryodhan, who came here on behalf of Hastinapoor with his friend Karna.

"Mitra Karna just look at her, isn't she dreamy ?" Duryodhan said sipping his drink. Karna looked at Sagarika and frowned.

"Mitra she is very young compared to you." Karna said the truth.

"Well I don't mind." Duryodhan said.

"I was talking about her...forget I said anything Mitra." Karna said sighing.

"Yuvraj Duryodhan !! Angraj Karna !!" someone called, they both turned around and saw Shishupal who had drank too much.

"Chedi Yuvraj." Both of them acknowledged.

"Yuvraj Duryodhan, you see her ? That Sagarika will be mine." Shishupal slurred.

"Call her Rajkumari Sagarika, have some respect !" Karna scolded. Shishupal scoffed.

"Mitra Karna is right. Shishupal please be in your limits, she is way out of your league." Duryodhan said.

"Like she isn't out of yours ? I heard what you both were talking about. Forget about her." Shishupal said.

Duryodhan was about to lunge at Shishupal but Karna stopped him, avoiding to make a scene and ruin the celebration.

"You know what, lets go and talk to her. Then we will see who is in the league." Duryodhan challenged, Shishupal accepted and Karna mentally face palmed himself.

"Both of them are out of her league." Karna muttered to himself.

Both Shishupal and Duryodhan quickly made their way to where she was sitting alone, as if waiting for somebody.

"Rajkumari!!" Duryodhan and Shishupal said at the same time gaining her attention.

"Yes ?" She acknowledged.

"Do you recognize me ? Everyone usually does." Shishupal flirted.

"I do, You're brother Shishupal." Sagarika said. Shishupal's eyes widened.

"B-b-brother ? Me ?" Shishupal asked praying he heard her wrong.

"Well yes you are a brother to Dwarikadheesh Shri Krishna thus equivalent to my brother." Sagarika said. Shishupal gritted his teeth. Duryodhan wheezed.

"Well I am actually waiting for him only, see you both later." Sharani said and left.

Duryodhan laughed patting Shishupal's back, who looked like his entire dream has been shattered in front of him.

"Aww Shishupal you got friend-zoned, no-no brother-zoned." Duryodhan chuckled.

"Is this supposed to make me feel better ?" Shishupal said sarcastically.

"No this was supposed to make you feel horrible." Duryodhan laughed hitting his back.

"Good thing my Sagarika doesn't give a damn about other men." Duryodhan muttered to himself.

◇◇◇◇

Sagarika was looking at the entrance waiting for Krishna as he was the only king she knew among these strangers. Suddenly someone covered her eyes from behind, Sagarika chuckled as she realized it was Krishna.

"It's you, Vasudev." She said turning around.

"Good to see you too." Krishna said chuckling.

"You're late." Sagarika said. Krishna gave an apologetic smile, she chuckled.

"Well, I want you to meet someone." Krishna said and turned around and Draupadi came forward.

"Sagarika meet Maharani Draupadi, my friend and supposedly your rival." Krishna said.

"Rival ? How ?" Sagarika asked confused.

"Well the Aryavart expects you both to be rivals as both of you are so good looking." Krishna said.

"A friend of yours can never be my rival, Govind." Draupadi said standing next to Sagarika, their elbows intertwining as on an instinct.

"And I think we women should support each other rather than belittle one another." Sagarika said.

"Oh I think you both will get along just well, let me give you both sometime." Krishna said leaving.

"So Rajkumari Sagarika, how are you liking here in Aryavart ?" Draupadi asked as they both started taking a stroll, elbows still intertwined.

"It's actually very nice but I still have a lot to learn." Sagarika said.

"I understand, when I was born I didn't even knew what a mirror was." Draupadi said.

"Me too." Sagarika said and they both chuckled.

"I was actually overwhelmed by the misogynistic mindset of people here." Draupadi said.

"Me too, it's stupid how they see the other half of humanity as inferior while we are the reasons that humanity exists." Sagarika said.

"I know, and whenever a woman does something outside the box, the men deem it as not proper." Draupadi said.

"Proper...proper is word forged by men who wish to enslave us with it." Sagarika said.

"Luckily my husbands are not like that. Off topic but what do you look for in a husband ?" Draupadi asked.

"Well.......I've never thought about it. Probably someone who respects me and won't treat me like his property." Sagarika said.

"I am sure you'll find someone." Draupadi said knowingly.

"This friendship is more dear to me than you realize Sagarika, I shall cherish it forever." Draupadi said.

"Surely I shall too, the entire Aryavart can consider us as rivals but they cannot divide us, sister." Sagarika said, Draupadi smiled and embraced her.

It seems Yamuna embracing Ganga, Night embracing Day, Fire embracing Water, a rare embrace indeed. Draupadi is satisfied with Sagarika's thinking and now looks forward for her and Arjun's marriage.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
A/N

DRAUPADI AND SAGARIKA BOTH IN THIS STORY REPRESENT THE DIVINE ASPECTS OF FEMININE.

SAGARIKA REPRESENTS GENTLE SIDE OF FEMINITY, BUT DON'T TAKE HER FOR A WEAK SOUL, AS JUST LIKE FIRES, OCEANS ARE ALSO CAPABLE OF DESTRUCTION.

AND DRAUPADI REPRESENTS STRENGTH OF FEMININITY, BUT DON'T TAKE HER TO BE AN ALWAYS ANGRY WOMAN AS FIRE ALSO GIVES LIGHT AND WARMTH.

BUT THE THINGS THEY BOTH REPRESENT ARE BEAUTY, LOVE, POWER AND DIVINITY OF FEMININITY.