Karim realized what he was talking about. Before he lost consciousness, he remembered having his father on the ground and threatening to fight him and beat him up if he tried to stop him. At that time he didn't fully realize what he had done. His head was just running with wild emotions so he did what he thought he couldn't do at first.

That didn't matter now anyway. He just needed his father to understand him. He wanted to be in the frontline looking for Zaira himself. Not leaving her life in the hands of people who might know what she had done so wouldn't care about her.

"Thank you for graduating me, Uncle Dean." Karim gave him a quick smile and turned his attention to his father.

"I know she isn't priority to you. But she's priority to me. She hurt me. She lied to me. Not you, dad. And if I've decided not to care about it anymore, I don't see why you should. I need to find her before it's too late." Karim said calmly.

"What shows she wouldn't buy into any lies they feed her and do the same thing she's already done, this time with you wrapped around her fingers."

Tawfiq stood up.
"She's the reason Yasmine was able to get in and she's the reason Hamid is out in the world now. She's the reason Hassan is dead. If she had not stepped in the palace, there would have been no EMP to go off and allow Yasmine's men inside. She's the reason so many people are hurt and still in the hospital. She's the reason your friend, Basmah was kidnapped and almost died. She's the reason innocent people died in the plane bombing. She's the reason you almost lost your senses to rage. She's the reason you're hurting ever single day. So no, Karim. No, she's not a priority to me or my army. And as long as I'm the king, I decide who is priority. You need to understand that before you think about that love of yours." Tawfiq gritted out angrily.

It didn't deter Karim. He stepped closer to his dad and the only thing separating them now was his dad's huge desk.

"You're wrong. You're so wrong. We're the reason she has so many scars. We're the reason she didn't have a normal life. We're the reason they made her go through so many ordeals. We're the reason she's alone in this world. We're the reason she lost a part of herself to rage. We're the reason she threw away everything to get her only family left in this world back. We're the reason they used and abused her. We're the reason she almost died." Karim paused. "I'm the reason she put her life on the line to save mom and the twins from being blown up in the jet. I'm the reason she decided to help save Basmah. I'm the reason why she took Samia away so they'd not kill her when they began to suspect me. I'm the reason she's been taken."

Tawfiq looked at Karim with a strong gaze but he still continued.

"I know you think everything was her fault and maybe it was. But she only wanted to get inside the palace with me because she must have believed it to be safe. She brought along guns because she wanted to protect me if it came down to it. Because of her I'm still alive. Because of her, you're still alive. She saved you twice, dad. Twice. And you're someone she hated with a passion just over a day ago. Yet she took a bullet for you. Not me...you. Because she doesn't want to see me sad. Everything she did was because she wanted to see me happy. See me safe. She stopped caring if I'd hate her. Every time I announced my hatred for her she'd not care. As long as she accomplished her goal of keeping me safe. Everything was to keep me safe and happy. So if you'll blame someone, blame me. I brought her into the house. I could have informed you of how things were but I didn't. I caused everything. Not Zaira. So don't give the blame to her. She's innocent. We have to find her, dad. Please." Karim dropped his head.
His family might not have been directly behind it but it was because of them Zaira had suffered greatly in life.