Chapter 4

Salaam 🙏🤲
It's been so long since I last updated 👀
I'm so sorry though. But I warned you about it. I will get time for this book after school so don't worry.
Anyways I wanted to give you guys a little something to keep you going.
Aren't I a darling 😊😂😂
Here it is.
Enjoy.
Necklace at the top.

************************************

Karim looked at the door in front of him. He felt as if he was walking into a death trap... Maybe he was.

He did not know whether to knock on his father's office door, ring the bell or just walk in as he used to do. The latter wasn't an option. His dad was angry as it was.

He knocked... once... twice..

He definitely was in there but he didn't reply.

Karim knocked again. No reply.
He rang the bell. Still no reply. Guess option 3 it was.

He opened the door and walked in slowly, spotting his dad at his desk, looking into some papers with his reading glasses on.

"What do you want?" Tawfiq spoke without raising his head and scribbling something down.

"I rang the bell but no one answered." Karim explained quickly.

"I didn't know you had started ringing my office bell and knocking on my door." He muttered. "If you have anything to say or do, get on with it."
Tawfiq was getting irritated by Karim's mere presence.

He wouldn't say Karim was the holiest person on the face of the Earth but after all he and Naima had enshrined in him, he didn't expect Karim to go that far.

"I just wanted to apologize..."
Karim couldn't even finish his apology statement when Tawfiq cut in.

"I'm on the verge of beating you up, Karim. I don't want to because of your mom. So if you didn't come here with a solution, I suggest you leave." Tawfiq didn't even spare him a gaze.

But from the way he poured out his words and his tight hold on the pen, he was clearly holding himself back.

" I have a solution. " Karim quickly put forward before he was sent out of the office.

There was silence for a few seconds.

" And what may that be?"
Tawfiq still hadn't looked up at Karim.

" I'm going to marry her. "

That caught Tawfiq's attention. So much that he raised his head to look up at Karim.

"Marry her?" Tawfiq repeated.

"Yes. Marry her." Karim confidently said.

Tawfiq sat up straight, crossed his arms and looked at Karim carefully.

"You know what you are saying, right? Marriage isn't all unicorns and cotton candy and I can tell you that very confidently." Tawfiq raised a brow.

He exhaled a moment later.

"Honestly, it was the only way I thought you could fix the situation at hand but I didn't know you'd even think about it. For what's worth, I'm still disappointed in you. But... "
Tawfiq looked at him up and down before sighing.

"I am proud that you thought of this. Even though I know you don't exactly like her in that sense." He paused. "I will tell your mom and we will see how to go about everything. You can leave now. " Tawfiq gestured to the door.

" Jazak Allah, dad. And I'm sorry again." Karim smiled a little at him but Tawfiq held a straight face.

He turned and walked out of the office, leaving Tawfiq alone... with a small smile on his face.