Chapter 65

Karim's eyes opened in a flash and he gasped loudly before jerking up.

His breathing was erratic and he tried to control it to catch his breath.

What on Earth was that dream...no...that was a nightmare...it felt so real.
His heart was pounding so fast and it felt like it would break out of his rib cage.

He murmured Astagfirullah more than the required times before dryly spitting to his left side. That would never happen. He'd never let her go so easily. Never.

When his breathing normalized he looked to the side where Zaira was sleeping.

His heart stopped.

She was gone.

"No!" Karim growled before jumping of the bed, taking his phone and running out of the room quickly.

Did she leave him like in his dream? No. He'd bring her back no matter what. He didn't care what he had to do, he'd do it.

He ran down the stairs quickly. She wasn't there. How far had she gone all alone? Or had  she gotten help...Marilyn.

He fumed.

She had given him his number before they arrived in the country. She had wanted him to call her if anything happened with Zaira's condition. He had called her a few times to inform her that everything was fine. But he hadn't yet told her she was awake.

The call was going through and a few seconds later, Marilyn spoke.

"Karim."

"You! You took Zaira from me!" Karim growled.

The line was quiet.

"You came for her, didn't you!" Karim said angrily.

"Did she ask you to come for her!? Or you just decided that it was best she left me!? I swear to God..."

"Stop right there, Karim. I don't know what the hell you've been sniffing but you're talking nonsense. I don't have Zaira with me. She's supposed to be with you. I'm thousands of leagues away."

"And when did she wake up and why am I now finding out from an angry person on drugs?" Marilyn questioned furiously.

Karim paused.

She didn't know she was awake and Marilyn couldn't have possibly been able to get to the country that fast and even get into the palace so easily.

"So if she's not with you, where is she...did they..."

"You dick! You let them get Zaira right from under your nose! I knew I should have taken her with me! You're just bad luck for her!"

"No...it's not possible..."

It wasn't. Everything seemed to be normal. No one would be able to kidnap her right from inside the palace so easily.

Karim was cut off from his thoughts when he heard someone cry out loudly.

"Zaira!" Karim's eyes shot up quickly before running outside the house.

He looked at the fountain and his head fell back before sighing.

He had overreacted.