Chapter 30

Salam.
Chapter 30 already 🥵🤧
Alhamdulilah.
Anyways y'all should basically remember me in your dua🤧😭❤️
Jazak Allah 😭❤️
Anyways Let's get reading.
This chapter is dedicated to HazeezahAzeez ❤️❤️

****************************************

"Have they left the Emirates?" Zaira asked Karim.

Karim pursed his lips and checked his watch. They should either be able to take off or they could have left earlier meaning they were already in the air.

"I guess. Are you that eager for their arrival?" Karim arched a brow.

"Y-yes." She stuttered.

"Are you okay? You seem...a little giddy and spooked."

Zaira exhaled and palmed her forehead.

"I'm fine. Just counting my days here." She sang.

"You haven't been to the Emirates before right?" Karim had never asked her about that.
Maybe because she didn't like to talk about her family. But he had to find out one way or the other.

"No, why would you think that? I don't know what you're saying by that? I don't even know..."

"ZAIRA!" Karim held unto her hands to stop her.

She snapped her wide eyes to him.

"You could have just said no. You didn't need to get defensive about it. I know nothing about you except for what you've told me. But you getting so defensive about a simple question makes me think you're hiding something." Karim pushed her hair behind her ear as he stared deep into her eyes to crack her.

And she did.

Zaira wiped the tears which had welled up in her eyes with the back of her hands.

"My...my p-parents died there. And it's the last place I want to go to but I'm doing this because of you. But I can't help everything coming back to me at the prospect of going back to that country."

She had said everything they had dug up was a lie. But at this moment Karim could feel she was telling the truth.

And the only thing going on in Zaira's mind was why she was telling Karim about her family. The one thing they had gone through lengths to hide from people. But she trusted Karim...in a way. And he'd probably be in the dark till everything was done and he had lost everything.

"Yes, I know I said everything Michael found was a lie. And it was. But they were all a bit true in a sense."

"What happened to your parents? How did they die?" Karim mouth was in a thin line as he mirrored her emotions.

"Car crash...they were hit by... a drunk driver. They died with my sister in the car."

She hesitated and Karim could tell that wasn't the whole truth.

"I'm so sorry, Zaira. You've got no one in this world. But now you have me. And I will make sure I'm always there for you. I'm grateful you're doing all this, fighting your demons, just to go with me." Karim kissed her forehead lightly and hugged her.

"I do have someone. My brother."
Zaira revealed and Karim let her go.

"You have a brother?" Karim narrowed his eyes at her.