Chapter 27

Salam🥴
I'm telling y'all, I'm on a roll😲
Another chapter??? 🥴🥴
I need a noble prize or something for this achievement🥴
Don't mind me though let's get reading 🥴🥴

*******************************************

"I win. Again." Karim placed down the game console and looked at Zaira.

They hadn't played a game together for more than a week now because she was rarely leaving her room.

"You don't seem like your usual self. I've won twice already and COD is your stronghold." Karim noted.

He wasn't really good at Call of Duty like she was. So winning twice in a row was a surprise.

Zaira gave him a smile and stood up from the couch.

"I'm just tired."

"Tired? Of what?"

Honestly she didn't have any right to use that excuse. She literally did nothing at all. Due to her inability to clean up, Karim had hired a cleaning lady who came to clean up and disappear without anyone knowing.

"Just tired."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"About what?"
Zaira gave him a confused look.

"What's bothering you?"

"Nothing is bothering me. I'm going to my room."

Before she could walk away, Karim stood up and held her hands to stop her from going any further.

"I'm tired, Karim." She tried to take her hand out of his hold but Karim didn't budge.

"Whatever it is that is bothering you, you know you can tell me right? I'm always here to listen. I want you to understand that." Karim rubbed her hands with his.

"That's the problem." Karim heard her say and sniff.
She wiped her eyes.

Wait a minute?
Was she crying?
The first and only time he had seen tears from her eyes was when she cried to Samantha about wanting a citizenship.
Besides you can't call that crying.
That was a pro actress's acting.

"Are you crying?" Karim asked her.

"N-No."

She was definitely crying.

"Heyy, come here." Karim pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her assuringly.
"Shhh...Don't cry. If it's anything I can help with just tell me..."

"You can't. I'm tired. Just tired of stuff. Everything. I don't know what to do anymore and and... I.."

"You're tired of us? If you are..."

"What?! No! I'm not tired of us! No! Why would you even think that?" Zaira stepped back from his warm embrace.

"You said you're tired of everything."

"Everything going on with me! Just me. Not the two of us. Not us. I've been acting differently this past week and all you ever do is knock on my door after work, check up on me and leave a flower at my door. I could never get tired of us." She placed a hand on his cheeks.

He put his hand on the hand she had placed on his cheeks.

"You know I'm trying right? Trying everyday to build the new foundation. It's just hard for me because I had always planned on hating you forever. So this is a big thing especially for me."
Karim looked straight into her eyes and could feel the spark in it.