Chapter 3

Another chapter?
Yeah🙃✨
I hope you enjoy this chapter though.

************************************

"Rimi? You up?" Karim heard someone speak the moment he picked up his phone.
It was Shamsiya.
He checked the time. It was 12:47am.
Was she now getting back? She would go somewhere right after school every Monday, Friday and Saturday.

To avoid another argument between them, he had stopped asking about it. She'd go and come a little late at night around 7pm, 8pm thereabout. But this was the latest so far.

"Shams? Are you now coming back?" Karim's voice was thick with sleep but he forced himself to stay awake.

"Yeah... I don't want to talk about it now. Can you come over? I mean to my room?" She said.

"Your room?" Karim was dumbfounded to say the least.

Their parents had made strict rules about not going into each other's room. He knew where her room was. Just hadn't been inside before.
Even though they lived in the same house and had become like family, Shamsiya was still his non mehram.

"Yes. Everyone's asleep. I won't tell if you don't." She said.

Her voice was a little shaky but Karim didn't give it any attention.

"I know. But apart from our parents, we both know it's not right." Karim tried to make her understand.

"I'm scared, Rimi! I can't sleep! I'm tired and I just want to sleep and forget everything." She mumbled the last part.

"Scared of what, Shams?" Karim questioned.

"Forget it, Karim. Goodnight." She ended the call before he could say anything else.

What was she scared of? She was never scared, never cried or wallowed either. It wasn't right. He knew that clearly. He shouldn't have gone but he did. After all, they were just best friends.

~

Karim woke up the next morning with Shamsiya's head on his bare chest.

When did he even remove his shirt?

Ya Allah!

"Shams! Wake up." He shook her with urgency.

This wasn't supposed to happen. He was just supposed to stay till she fell asleep. This was bad, so bad. His dad would kill him if he found out.

"Shams? You have to wake up now." He tapped her lightly and she stirred.

"Hmmm..." The second she realized who she was sleeping on, she quickly stood up and moved away from him.

"Ya Allah! What's happening?!" She screamed.

"Calm down, Shams. You will wake everyone up." She shut up instantly.

"I'm going to leave. You can't tell anyone about this, Shams. Promise me. I won't let anyone brand you as anything. " Karim promised her.

If anyone found out they were together, everyone would blame Shamsiya, not him. Since defaming a royal was punishable by law.

Shamsiya nodded her head.

" I should never have called you here. It's my fault! " Shamsiya blamed herself.

"I came by my own will. No one forced me here. You told me to forget it but I still came. It's no one's fault. If anything it's mine." Karim cleared out.

"I have to go now. I will see you around." Karim smiled encouragingly.

He picked his shirt and wore it quickly. They didn't say anything again as he left her room.