Chapter 28

Salam.
So I'm dealing with a serious writer's block that's why I couldn't update 😭
This is my second time trying to write chapter 28. In Shaa Allah this time I hope to like it enough to post it.
Anyways tomorrow is basically the last day of the small contest I was holding.
If you haven't joined in yet there's basically 24 hours to join. Check my message board to find out more about the competition.
Enjoy my second try😭.

*******************************************

"You'll come with her then?" Tawfiq asked Karim.

Karim was in his room talking to his father on FaceTime about him coming back soon. Now they were talking about Zaira.

"Basically. She is my wife." Karim pursed his lips and he gave a questioning face to his father.

"Oh...kay..."

"Is there something you want to say? Or you don't want me to come home?" Karim arched a brow.

"I do think it's high time you returned." Tawfiq put emphasis on the you. "But don't get me wrong. I don't want you think you can't return home with Zaira. If I say that then I'm being a hypocrite."

Tawfiq's mother had done that and he held a grudge for that against her.

"I'm just expecting you to at least give her a thorough education on life as a member of our family. Before you think of coming." Tawfiq explained.

"I should teach her the do's and don't's of being a Sheikha?"

"Basically. She has to know what can and cannot be said in public. What she can and cannot wear...I know you know the basics Karim. So let her understand the importance of all the do's and don't's we follow. I don't want your name to be dragged in the mud because of something she says. And we both know she doesn't have a filter."

Tawfiq believed in being allowed to be your own person. Not being controlled by what people say or think of you. But he also believed that the image of his people didn't have to be spoilt. And his family was the image. So they had to be their own selves but that also had to be in line with keeping the image clean.
He had broken too many traditions. The least he could do was not stain the Al Fayasi name.

"I'll let her into our way of life. I can't promise a hundred percent change though. But I'll work on her dressing and filter more." Karim told his father.

"That's good then. Your mother and the twins will be coming to see your grandmother. So you could return with them after their stay in Wyoming."

"You're not coming? That's surprising." Karim chuckled.

It was rare for his dad to let his mother go somewhere far from home alone. People could try anything at anytime. So he didn't like it when she had to travel far alone.

"I can't leave the country for more than a day these days. The Future Project is almost done and it needs my full attention." Tawfiq shrugged.

"Besides, she'll be with Salim and five of our best. I trust they'll keep her and the twins safe."

"Okay then. If you think so." Karim nodded.

"I have some pending files so I'll talk to you later. In Shaa Allah."

"Okay. Bye then." Karim smiled a little and ended the call.

He stood up and stretched. He had told his dad so he just had to speak to Zaira now.

He walked out of his room and saw Zaira in the living room playing with Samia.
She turned when she heard his door close.

"You're done?" She picked Samia up from the ground and walked to him.