Chapter 17

Salam.
So this is literally my second draft of chapter 17!🌝
Why?! Well I wrote part of Chapter 17 and along the way I decided I didn't like it because I wrote it right after a writers block attack. It's been that serious. I know the story line yes. I even got some badass chapters down for the future. But right now I'm struggling with how to put my words. FYI this explains why I didn't update quickly. I hope you guys get to read this soon because I started writing it on 2nd May. Hopefully I finish today. In Shaa Allah. Now to the chapter I hope I like.🙂‼️

*****************************************************

"My baby boy, are you okay?" Naima hugged Karim the second he entered their penthouse.

If he wasn't holding onto Samia's carrier basket tightly, he could have dropped her from the abruptness.

"Mama I'm fine." Karim tried to reassure her.

"I was told about Amira. That poor girl. She's suffered so much." Naima almost cried.

She knew she had been sick and even Karim had paid her hospital bills but finding out she didn't survive was really sad

He had told Nick not to tell anyone but turns out he had used his channel of communications to get the information to everyone.

"Yeah." Karim simply replied.

"What happened?" Naima prodded. Karim didn't feel like talking about it but he could tell his mother was genuinely concerned.

He walked with her and Samia in his hands to the living room to sit.

"Well..." He wasn't able to start when his father showed up with his siblings all holding suitcases. They were leaving today. They must have finished packing.

"Karim. We heard." Habiba sadly said.

None of them actually knew Amira. Not even a picture. But she was a household name his parents used to tease him with even after the twins were born. So they all knew her. Sort of.

"Yeah." Karim really didn't know how to reply to them except to say yeah.

"When did she die?" Tawfiq asked the question they were all thinking but couldn't ask. Karim also didn't want to answer that specific question.

"Well, two days ago." Karim replied hoping it wouldn't connect to them but his dad was quick.

"On your wedding day?" Tawfiq wondered.

"Um. Yeah." Karim revealed.

"Ya Allah! You must have felt so sad. You should have told us." Naima held his hands.

"I didn't want to ruin Zaira and I's big day." Karim lied. He wished he did.

"That's really sad. I didn't know her personally but I can imagine how wonderful she had to be. I even thought you'd end up with her instead in the beginning. Life's full of surprises." Naima sighed deeply.

"Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un." (Verily to Allah we belong and to Him we shall return.) Tawfiq patted his back as Daneen hugged him.

"Group hug!" Daneen screamed and everyone came together to hug Karim.