Chapter 49

Salam.
Double update💃🏿
Yaayyy
Enjoy🥵🚶🏿‍♀️

*******************************************

After Karim figured out it was actually a poem giving them coordinates, Tawfiq had decided they put everything down and get some rest so they could start off fresh the next day.

Karim hadn't slept a wink. He wanted to just get the coordinates and go and find Zaira now but he had to keep calm. He knew he couldn't get her back alone. He needed help.

It was going to be a long night.

**

The next morning, they all met again in his father's office. This time his Uncle Salim was present and his mother and Aunt Bella too.
Michael had informed him that he would arrive soon to help however he could.

They were able to get out the coordinates from the poem easily.

15•24'12"N 30•0'50"W

Zain typed it into his laptop quickly.

It quickly showed the exact location on his screen. He showed it to Salim whose face dropped a little but he covered it up quickly. Tawfiq was not going to like this at all.

Karim looked at the screen.
He sighed in relief.

They were so close to finding Zaira. Just a little longer and she'd be back with him.

"Where is it?" Tawfiq said as he walked towards Zain.

"Here." Zain pointed out.

Tawfiq frowned.

"No." He simply said to them.

Everyone turned their attention to him.

"What?" Dean gave him a confused look.

"Tawfiq..." Salim tried to intervene.

"I said No. You know where this is, Salim. We have no force, no base. Nothing. That's dangerous grounds. The most dangerous grounds to us. Anywhere else. Fuck, the Bermuda Triangle even. Not here. Yasmine and Hamid can go fuck themselves there but we're not going." Tawfiq explained.

No one said a word.

Karim's mouth dropped.
What about Zaira?

"I know how you feel but what about Zaira? She is in danger and we have to get her back, right? We don't know what they could be doing to her as we speak." Salim tried to get Tawfiq to understand.

"It's war ridden from border to border. They don't like us one bit. The mere mention of our names irks them. We also don't like them. I'm not risking it."

"Dad!" Karim sneered in anger. "She could be in serious danger and you're saying we can't go and find her!?" Karim boomed.

"She could be fine and this could all be a fucking trap to get us somewhere we are most vulnerable!" Tawfiq didn't understand why they couldn't understand him.

It was all too beneficial for Yasmine. Their stronghold was in a country he did not even a single say in.

"I know there's that possibility, Tawfiq but she helped us. And besides Karim believes she's different now. She wouldn't help them." Naima frowned.
Tawfiq was being too hard-headed.

"He's in love. At least he thinks he's in love. He'll do anything for her. I won't risk so much for a person who almost got us killed. Whether changed or not."

"She took a bullet for you!" Karim growled.

"Which wouldn't have been necessary if she hadn't put us there in the first place." Tawfiq bit back.