꧁ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ꧂

"You've failed, Ghostclaw." The woman's regal voice echoes around the deserted wreckage, reaching only her ears and the ears of the strange man before her.

"I've not failed yet," The man growls, his deep voice ringing out from the shadows of the hood of his cloak.

"Just because you're alive-"

"The girl is alive as well, Perla." The woman throws back her fluffy white hood in a fit of rage at hearing her name. As the hood falls it reveals her pretty face and beautiful waves of blonde hair surrounding it, her sparkling aura only known to few Elect.

"But she still has the Gem," Perla retorts, and with a wave of her hand in the air the hood of the man falls off too, revealing his deep blue eyes and smooth black hair. "My apologies Ghostclaw, but you have no need for that silly cloak in all this rubble." Perla moves her hand again and motions towards the scene around them; fallen chunks of rock and layers of dust and dirt. All created by the downfall of the Gloaming's base, and of Ghostclaw's throne.

"But you see, as I've been saying, I'm still alive. The girl is alive, and as you said, she still has the Gem. We still have a chance."

"And what chance is that? Your daughter ran off with that Guardian boy, only to return and steal the Inferno Gem from the heart of the city."

"Then she is doing what she's been told to do, Perla. By now the city is in flames, correct? We must gather the Elemental Gems before time runs out for us." Ghostclaw throws his hood back over his head, covering his face in shadows once again.

"And how do you suppose we do that?"

"My armies have not yet fallen." Ghostclaw takes a step back, turning around and stepping onto a large shard of rock. Once on top of it he spins in a slow circle, as if to survey his surroundings. He finally sighs when he faces Perla once again. "They'll only get stronger."

"So you're sure this isn't over, Ghostclaw? Because I'm putting my life on the line for this cause-" Ghostclaw hops back down from the rock, storming over to Perla and towering over her.

"'This cause?'" He growls. "'This cause?' Perla, this is her cause. She was my wife, and she died because of this foolish Realm and its Representatives and Guardians. You said you were her friend," Ghostclaw snaps.

"Scarlett was my friend-"

"So then you'll help me get my revenge and set things right in this Realm." Ghostclaw takes a step away from Perla, drawing black mist from the air and to his hand. "I'll be back with my armies, and then we're coming for the girl. We're going to get the Terra Firma Gem."