✿ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ ✿

Lily

I stumble down the hall, clutching the only two figures that are helping me to keep my balance. Brayden and Ethan are supposed to be helping me to the Chaos Vault, but it doesn't feel like they're helping me. The blindfold is making my eyes itchy, and even with my arms linked through the boy's arms I keep tripping. I sigh when I trip again, Brayden laughing silently.

"Oh, please. You're not the one with the blindfold," I mutter. Steve and Amaryllis were rushed to some sort of 'Health Center,' despite Amaryllis' weak protests. The Representatives of the Council also found Eric by the river, on the bank where I mentioned I had spotted something. I didn't tell them how I spotted it. So far only Brayden, Ethan, and I know. I told them to keep it that way until we found somebody else to trust. I haven't been keeping track of where we're going and what turns we've been making, I'm too worn out. I haven't even been listening to my surroundings. Which is why it comes as a shock to me when I feel somebody ripping my blindfold off, ripping off my hair tie with it.

"Ow," I whine, slightly shaking out my hair as it falls around my head. I rub my eyes, taking in the mirror and the fancy table and chairs and the lengthy window. Not to mention the glass floor and the silent birds overhead. My first time here was only yesterday, and everything was significant in some way. But now, it's almost like I'm numb inside.

I don't shake in the slightest as I stroll across the shiny glass floor, and I don't stop to admire the view of the city of Avalon. I just sink into a chair at the side of the table, facing the head of the table where the Representatives sat yesterday. The Representatives of the Council were standing by the walls when we came in, and once I sit they sit too. Delaney, Perla, and Cybil are here, but they also brought along two new Representatives who I don't recognize.

There's a man who kind of looks like Cybil. He has the same fancy clothes with intricate designs and he's wearing a long blue and gold cape, but besides that he has the whole fancy tunic thing with the Prince Charming pants. This man's hair is black, not blonde like Cybil's, and he's a bit shorter. He nods at me as he takes a seat. The new woman is wearing the same theme of white and gold and pink and blue, since they're all colors on her dress. She has a tense and strict aura about her, and her wavy red hair makes her green eyes look really intense. Of course she has to be staring at me. I try to stare at the gleaming table as Brayden sits on my left and Ethan sits on my right.

"I don't believe we've met," New Man acknowledges, breaking the silence.

"What? Me?" I respond, squinting at him. He sat down at the head of the table, but when I look at Brayden and Ethan they raise their eyebrows at me.

"Yes, you," New Man chuckles. I glower at him. He doesn't have the right to be amused, I doubt he has any idea of what I've been through today. Once he's almost died a few times and actually done some work against the Gloaming, I'll let him be amused.

"Who are you supposed to be?"

"Representative Axel. The Leading Representative of the Council." For some reason, I have to hold in a sigh. Axel is just another person who I don't want to remember. I don't want to be here. I want to rest. I want my new friends to be okay. The New Woman clears her throat, tearing my attention away from Axel.

"Nice to finally meet you, Lily. I'm Representative Eboni." I nod at her, trying not to dwell in my thoughts anymore. It's been a long day, and I really need some time to myself. "We brought you here to clear some things up. Additionally, we also have some things we need to determine," Eboni reveals, looking directly at Cybil once she's finished. He turns in his seat to face me, scrunching up his eyebrows as he takes on a stern look.