✿ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ ✿

Lily

"Wake up." Gwen's voice shatters through my dreams, pulling me back towards reality.

"No." I hug my blanket tighter to me. Last night after Richard, Steve, and Gwen left, I was able to wander my room a bit. It's an amazing room, and way bigger than my bedroom at home. The bathroom doesn't even have a door, just a bunch of cherry blossoms on vines hanging from the doorway, acting as a thick curtain. It's pretty though, even if it isn't a secure, solid door. The rest of the bathroom had a huge shower and bathtub, and instead of the floor being cold hard rock, it was made of tile and blue glass mosaics. There were also shelves full of towels and shampoos and all kinds of bath stuff that smelled really nice.

There was also a closet, but that was empty besides the strange hangers. I spent a bunch of time wandering around the whole room actually, more than I intended to, so I didn't decide to turn in until way after the sun had set. It was when I decided to go to sleep that I remembered I didn't have a bed to fall asleep in. I was too tired to try anything with my powers, so I had just trudged up to the landing with the pretty view of the ocean.

Most of what I remember is just plopping down on the rock floor and crying myself to sleep. Crying for my family, crying for my friends, crying for myself. Everything spilled over at that point, but I remember falling asleep on the floor. There's no doubting it. So, why do I feel so warm and comfortable? And why do I have a blanket on me? I roll over, away from the sound of Gwen's voice, and sure enough, I feel some sort of blanket shifting with my movements.

"Come on, Lily. Get up." I grunt but open my eyes at Gwen's commands. I groan, immediately closing them when I see what's around me. I'm covered in a blanket, alright. A blanket made of leaves. I squint my eyes open slowly again, wanting to see what I've done. I'm literally lying on a bed of rock.

A square of rock underneath me somehow shifted so that it was three feet higher than the rest of the landing. There's also a bed canopy right above my head, with tree trunks as the posts and leaves and vines as the curtains. Also, there are a bunch of flowers knit together as pillows, and... how did this happen? I was kind of hoping I had dreamt about everything and I would be back home in the morning, but I guess this is my reality now.

"Lily, hurry up." A hand grabs my arm and pulls me out of bed, tugging me hard enough so that my leaf blanket goes flying, along with my body. I hit the floor hard, groaning. I look up at Gwen to scold her and complain, but I gasp instead. She's wearing a beautiful metallic blue dress, and she looks stunning. It's fitted perfectly from her waist up, hugging her in all the right places. Down past her waist, the dress flows down to her knees in nice, shiny blue waves. The whole dress starts as a dark blue at the top but as it goes further down it turns a light blue. It's so shimmery and pretty, and it makes Gwen look a whole lot more striking then she did before. I meet her eye, and she extends a hand to me.

"I got you a whole new wardrobe. Training clothes and normal clothes, all in the closet of your bathroom. All labeled, too. Go take a shower and clean yourself up, then put on a dress for training. We start as soon as you're done. Everything you need is in there." Instead of getting up and grabbing her hand for help I tug the blankets that are spread out around me closer to my body, studying Gwen's appearance as Head Guardian. She's wearing some sort of lipstick that gives her pink lips a light blue tinge, and she's wearing blue eyeliner too. Is this really an outfit for training? She looks ready to walk the red carpet.

"There's makeup for you too," she adds. "But it's not really for show, more for protection. I'll explain when you're finished, just go!" She says, laughing when I yawn in response and roll over onto my stomach.

"I don't even like makeup," I mumble, yawning again as I push myself up from the ground, tossing the leaf blankets aside and turning to look out the window. The sun isn't even up yet. There isn't any light in the sky. Everything out over the ocean is either gray or blue, but it's still nice to look at. When Gwen said training was early, I had no idea she meant this early. What is it, one o'clock in the morning? I finally force myself down the small staircase, dropping my blankets and traipsing through the cherry blossom entrance to the bathroom. Once I scramble through all the shelves and find a few towels and some nice smelling shampoos, I go through the process of taking a nice, hot, refreshing shower. I'm hoping they're shampoos at least, but they do smell nice. It doesn't take long before I'm all finished and gawking at my new wardrobe in the closet.