☆ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ ☆

Steven

I slump against the cold and damp wall, tossing the key in my possession from one hand to the other. There's not much to do now that Gwen has taken Lily away, and we all voted that instead of me using the key to free everyone, we were gonna wait until Ethan comes so we can gain more information. Because of that we've been waiting here for what feels like forever. It's dark. And cold. Since Richard was getting tired, he put out his fire a while ago.

    "Is Ethan here yet?" Brayden whines. 

    "No." Everyone replies to him almost in unison, and I groan. He's been asking ever since Gwen and Lily left.

    "How are you holding up, Amaryllis?" Richard asks. She grunts as a response, and I hear a tiny clatter as she shuffles around, her chains dragging as she walks. She's been pacing for a while; I can sense her movements through the wind. I don't know how she's doing it. She's lucky to be alive after what she's been through. We all are. I... I just wish Celeste had been as lucky as us. I can't believe she's gone. And I can't help but feel that this, all of this, is my fault.

    I stuff the key into my pocket. It's getting too tiring just tossing it back and forth, so I shift from sitting down to lying down. I'm stuck on a filthy bench in a filthy cell cell, stuck in a place where I shouldn't be. I don't want to be in the enemy's hideout as their prisoner, but I am. I close my eyes, trying to listen to Amaryllis and Eric's hushed conversation. I wonder what they're talking about. I wonder how Lily's doing. Gwen can obviously handle herself, but if the Gloaming goes after them, I have no idea what will happen to Lily.

    "Get up! Everybody up!" The Damsel. Brittany's back. It took awhile for her to wake up after Gwen knocked her out, but when she did wake up, she was furious. She yelled at everyone for no reason at all before running away screaming with rage. I wonder what she wants this time. "Get up!" She screeches again, and she sounds like she's gone a bit crazy. I think she's mad too. I smirk to myself as I sit up, studying her through the bars of my cell.

    She's holding a large metal rod in her hand, and she's dragging it along all the cell bars, making them sound like wind chimes gone wrong. Wind chimes as in those tiny metal things on Earth that hang on porches... at least I think that's what they're called. Anyway, it sounds like those things but much worse. I stare at her through the cover of the dark, and even with barely any light I can tell there's a bruise forming on her head from when she fell after she was knocked out.

    "Get up," Brittany repeats, catching me staring. This time she says it quietly, and directly to me, which makes it even scarier. I stand up from my bench, but I don't walk any closer to the door. I'm glad I didn't when Brittany rests the rod on her shoulder, swinging it at my cell with all the force she has. When the ringing sound fades and she pulls the rod away there's a huge dent in one of the bars, and it's jutting weirdly inwards.

    "I'm wishing that was your head," Brittany growls at me. I take a step backwards from her, shocked but not afraid. I could do worse. I've done worse. And she doesn't scare me. From the next cell over I hear Eric whistle.

    "Violent much?" Eric comments.

    "Zip it!" Brittany screams back. She grabs two of the cell bars in her hands, pushing them slowly away from each other. She has the power of pressure, from the Pression Tribe. So she can do really cool things, such as bending metal. She's... really strong. Again, my fault. When we were still friends I taught her many things about the wind, and she's become more skilled with the wind because of it. I trained her, and I regret it all. I couldn't keep her on the right side. She steps into my cell through the gap she's created in my bars, staring at me.