✿ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ ✿

Lily

"Get up." 

"Why are you people always waking me up so early?" I mumble.

"What do you mean? It's already half past the first noctis quarter."

"Ethan, English please."

"Uh... like, one thirty pm. Ish?" I groan, opening my eyes slowly. Bright lights filters through the glass to my side, hurting my eyes and causing me to close them again. I turn onto my stomach, trying to block out the light when I realize that I'm lying on something soft. 

Oh... right. 

I think I fixed my bed last night, but my memory is a bit blurry at the moment. I just remember I was trying making it more comfy. I had covered the elevated bed of rock with a nice layer of dandelion fluff, securing the fluff with a sheet of leaves so it feels more like I'm on a mattress.

"Lily, get up."

"Why?" I complain, rolling onto my back once again. I stare up at the makeshift bed canopy above me, observing the leaves and vines and flowers before I sit up. Did Ethan say it's one thirty? I look at him lazily, studying his smooth black hair and his fancy prince-like outfit.

"What's with the costume?" I question, hugging my leaf blankets closer to me when I register that he's sitting on the edge of my bed.

"People wear fancy stuff here. Get used to it." He raises an eyebrow at me, getting off my bed to give me space.

"Okay, I get that. But why do I have to get up?"

"Because the monthly Agora is today."

"The what?"

"Just get up and meet me in Grandcrest Cover. If you're hungry I'll get you some food." He turns away from me, striding across the rock landing and down the stairs until he's out of sight. I sigh but do as he says, making my bed the best I can. I haven't had anything to eat since the teeth cleaning candy that Gwen gave to me, so why don't I feel that hungry? Enough things have happened that food is one of the last things on my mind, but it might just be more than that.

I tried to think about what Ethan explained to me yesterday evening. It started to make more sense the more I thought about it, my connection with the Terra Firma Gem and my connection with nature. But it's still so... overwhelming. The thought of becoming Head Guardian seems to haunt me, and even though I'm desperate to use these powers and to release everything that's been building up inside of me, after seeing what happened to Steve and Amaryllis and Richard, I can't tell what will happen if I continue down this path. 

I massage my head with my hands, ditching my bed and trying to get rid of the horrors plaguing my thoughts. After taking a quick shower in my new bathroom, I change into a plain red dress, one that kind of looks like a summer dress. It's pretty simple and the fabric is soft and flowy, making it feel really light. Even though this outfit is supposed to go with heels I wear it with brown leather boots instead, making me feel a lot more comfortable as I walk around. It also makes me feel a lot more stable as I stand at the entrance to my room, studying Grandcrest Cover below. My stomach feels queasy at just the sight of how high up I am, but I guess I just have to get used to it.

After examining Grandcrest Cover for a few minutes I finally find where Ethan is. He's standing near the beach, talking to... is that Axel? There are two girls standing there with him. They look like they're teenagers, but I don't think I've seen them before. What's going on? I turn to the putras tree, staring at the vines for a few seconds before deciding to do anything.