✿ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ✿

[Hey y'all! Warning: blood, graphic injuries]

Lily

"Amaryllis?" I shake her side, trying not to injure her any further. She won't get up. Brittany threw us all back to the beginning of this hallway, but we each managed to land and get back on our feet... Except for Amaryllis. She slammed into the ground at an awkward angle, and now she won't get up.

"Amaryllis?" I shake her again and she wakes up with a start, coughing and spitting. She groans and rubs her head, wincing as she grabs her left arm. I think it's still broken or injured from before, but it doesn't seem to bother her as she pushes herself up from the ground. I move to help her and she leans on me, resting her right arm on my shoulder as she tries to gain her balance.

"Thanks," she chokes, stepping away from me carefully once she thinks she can support herself. I nod at her, turning to Brayden and Ethan.

"You guys okay?" They both nod their heads at me, but I turn away from them when I remember the yelling that echoed from the end of the hall. Steve. I suck in a breath and dash down the hallway, sprinting as fast as I can. How did Brittany escape? And why is Steve yelling? I force myself to run faster, locked in on the sounds of Steve's yells as I slide around a corner. I know I almost died because of the cursed necklace I was wearing, but now the Terra Firma Gem is filling me with strength. I don't know how, but it's keeping me alive. It's how I reach Steve so quickly, but when I see him, I wish I had reached him faster.

"Steve?" I cry, shock washing over me as I get nearer to him. His eyes are closed and his skin is pale, but that's not the worst part. He's lying in a puddle of his own blood, and there's a large knife jutting out of his stomach. I place a hand over my mouth, stumbling backward. Is he alive? I make myself crouch down by him, pressing my fingers against his neck. There's a pulse, but I can barely feel it. I bite my lip, resting a hand on his cheek.

"Steve..." I whisper, tapping him gently. I feel tears coming, and I hate that I can't stop them. They sting my eyes as my gaze flickers to the knife lodged in his body, and then to the dark red liquid slowly oozing through his clothes. I can't take out the knife, I could mess up somehow, and it would make him lose even more blood. But this, this can't be over. He can't... I don't want him to... Not now...

"Steve, please," I cry out, wiping a hand across my cheek when my face starts to feel wet.

"Lily," Steve groans, his eyes slowly opening.

"Steve." I choke on my own words, knowing that the next ones may not be true. "You're going to be okay." Tears keep coming, and I can't stop them from spilling over. How long has he been like this? Did Brittany do this to him? I quickly glance behind me, but the others aren't here yet. Where are they? Should I go get them?

"It's nothing," he moans, clenching his teeth. "Nothing to worry about, Lily. I'll be fine." He smiles and tries to laugh but ends up coughing, placing his hands near his wound as he shakes.

"Stay still, Steve," I whisper. Thankfully I can hear footsteps behind me, and when Brayden and Ethan appear they both have one of Amaryllis' arms around their shoulders to help her walk. I watch as their faces contort when they see the state that Steve is in, lying on the ground in pain and covered in blood. This... this might be it. Celeste died. Amaryllis told me about what Ghostclaw did to Michael- Eric... my best friend. Richard fled. Gwen betrayed us. So many things have happened, and there's only five of us left. I don't want to lose Steve too.

"Lily, we have to move him outside. When we get outside I'll be able to contact the Representatives of the Council." I don't move when Ethan tells me too, even more tears flowing down my cheeks. I cry out when I feel his hands slipping around my stomach, pulling me away from Steve. I can't stop my sobs when I'm dropped on the ground, unable to move as I watch Brayden and Ethan taking Steve in their arms, trying their best to cradle him gently as they lift him up from the ground. I can't bring myself to keep looking at the deep red blood dripping from his clothes as they lift him toward the rock wall at the end of the hallway, and my breathing is the only thing I can hear once the boys have disappeared through the wall. I sniff and cough, wiping tears and snot away from my face.