9

A/n: I don't feel like updating today but... DUTY CALLS

And so it was official that Vic and I were now on okay terms. This definitely gave me better chances with him, but it still didn't quite work out. I could find anyone that would be willing to take Andy away from Vic, but it seems to me like the two of them are pretty close. It honestly makes me feel bad about wanting to break them up. I mean, what sort of monster would I be if-

Hold that thought, I hear someone crying. 

I looked over to the sound and saw someone rush into the bathroom. I couldn't tell who they were, so I followed after them. When I walked in, I saw no one, but I did see a pair of legs under one of the stalls, and I heard a sniffle. 

"Are you alright?" I asked the person. 

"Kellin?" They asked, sounding surprised. "Wh-why did you follow me?"

"Kevin?" I replied, sounding twice as surprised. "What's the matter?"

Kevin unlocked the stall and rubbed his eyes. "I'm sorry. I was just leaving." He pointed to the door. 

I shook my head. "No! Stay!" I took a deep breath. "Tell me what's wrong."

"I just was thinking about how I'm going to the prom alone."

Reminds me of Jack.

"At least Jack has you and Alex. He'll have friends to go with, but after yesterday," Kev shook his head, "I don't have any left."

"That's not true. You can still go with us, I promise."

"Not after what happened with Jack and I. Now everyone thinks that I'm a complete jerk."

"You were a bit hard on him," I admitted. "But I think that he'll forgive you if you make the effort-"

"I don't want to make the fucking effort!" He sighed. "I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry about what I said to Jack. And I know that's wrong." He fell to the floor and put his hands to his eyes. "This is why I have no friends."

I furrowed my brow and bent down to his level. I think that the tile that made up this floor was wet. Gross. "Hey, that's not true. I still like you."

He took his hands from his eyes and looked at me for a moment. And in that moment, there was that weird moment that people get where nothing seems to really make sense. That single moment where two people just have one thought on their minds. And dammit, it's a stupid one at that. 

Kiss.

And we did. Within one moment, Kev's lips were on mine. He was kissing me, and I was kissing him. He reached up and put his hands in my hair, and I put mine around his neck. And then our lips parted. We looked at each other once more, and then let go. "That can't happen," I whispered.

"Never again."

I stood up and left the bathroom, feeling both ashamed and okay. It was wrong, but it wasn't all at the same time. On one hand, I have the right to kiss whoever I want. On the other hand, I don't feel anything for Kevin.

Later that same day, things between Kev and me were somewhat awkward. We didn't speak to each other all throughout History. I wished that we hadn't kissed. They always do say that physical stuff usually ruins friendships. I never knew what they meant until now. When we left, he didn't even look at me. Maybe it's what I said afterwards that made everything worse. Did I make him upset?

In the hallway, Jack ran into me. Alex was at his side, as always. "I thought that you two were mad at me," I mumbled.

"Yeah? Well friendship is more important than religion, so we're putting it behind us," Alex said.

"I'm sorry," Jack added quietly.

What did I do to deserve them? "I made a mistake." I spoke up now, wanting to finally get off of my chest what happened in the bathroom earlier. "I accidentally kissed someone."

"How does one accidentally kiss someone?" Jack wrinkled his nose in confusion.

"I didn't want to kiss him. It just sort of....happened."

"You kissed VIC?!" 

"No! NO!" People started staring. "It was Kev," I brought my voice down so that they wouldn't stare.

"What? Why?" 

"Whoa," Alex added.

"It was just one of those crazy moments were something happens. I don't know if he wanted it or not. But I told him that we could never do anything like that ever again." I bit my lip. The guilt was killing me.

"I'm sure that it's going to be okay."

"You kissed after what he did to me?" Jack asked. It was one of those things where a person's voice gets really quiet. You wonder if they're sad, or if they're furious with you. 

"I swear that I didn't mean to," I assured him.

He nodded. "Okay."

But I really didn't know if I meant it or not. You don't get moments like that with everyone.