Kyonosuke | Snowy Walk

Light knocking from downstairs jolts you awake, interrupting the pleasant dream of running through a field of candies, much to your dismay. Half asleep, you trudge down the stairs begrudgingly and open the door.

Standing in front of you is your boyfriend, still in his uniform. Taking note of your disheveled hair and half-lidded eyes, he chuckles and offers a small smile. "(Y/N), good afternoon. I apologize for waking you up."

You swat your hand, letting him know it's okay. "Did you just get out of work?" you ask, rubbing the sleep away from your bleary eyes.

"Yes. I got out of my last patrol a few minutes ago and headed to your home right after," Kyonosuke replies. He stares at your lethargic state for a little longer before offering a gloved hand. The familiar act seems to shake the sleep away as you accept his hand eagerly.

"How has school been lately for you? I must apologize for not being able to visit you much lately. Patrols have increased, and naturally, my duties have increased," he says after some time of walking in silence.

Going on an afternoon walk around the park with Kyonosuke is your favorite thing to do when he gets off of work. On this particular day, it seems to be even better with all the snow on the ground. Nowadays, you both are unable to go on these walks as often as you would like to due to how busy he has been. Although you miss his presence immensely, you understand what his work and position entails.

"Don't worry about it; I know you've been really busy. Visit whenever you have time to, and of course, I'll continue to do the same. As for school... it's okay for the most part. I always look forward to coming home and taking a nice nap in the afternoon," you answer as he laughs. You take a gander at the male beside you, examining his features. Although his eyes are closed as usual, you can tell he's much more relaxed than he has ever been.

"Is something wrong?" he questions, turning to you. You shake your head in response, facing forward again with a small smile gracing your face.

"It's just... whenever I see you in a relaxed state, even if just for a moment, I feel happy," you admit.

"Being with you makes me this way, really..." Kyonosuke says softly as if it's to himself rather than to you. Noticing your curious gaze, he laughs and holds your warm cheek with his free hand. The coldness of the glove and current weather balances with the heat emitting from your face.

"K-Kyono...?"

Wordlessly, he leans down to give you a chaste kiss on the forehead. He moves his face away from yours a little shortly after, smiling to himself at your flustered reaction. Your heart stirs even more upon seeing his opened eyes.

"Let's go see the cats now, shall we?" His nonchalant tone makes it seem as if the situation that just occurred was nonexistent.

"Y-Yeah..." you mumble absentmindedly, letting the closed-eyed male drag you to the nearby bush that's home to a family of meowing, stray cats. Instead of focusing on the adorable cats though, the sole thing clouding your mind is the sweet kiss.

-♡-

Happy late holidays to all of you lovelies!! I adore Aizen and wanted to write a winter-themed one-shot for him.