Yakumo | Scarfed

Flurries of snowflakes greet your face as you lift the scarf higher to cover your nose. It was just yesterday when you were lazing around with Kuya and Nachi on the veranda, conversing about anything and everything.

Well, to be more exact, the Tengu was busy stuffing his mouth with mochi, but he offered some comments here and there whenever he felt like it.

At one point, the topic suddenly shifted to the weather, and from there, Kuya predicted an incoming weather of snow to appear soon. You didn't realize his "soon" meant today, but you didn't mind it so much as you've always enjoyed the snow and the way the Capital looks—a winter wonderland.

"Oh! There's the University," you comment to yourself, your pace quickening to the bench you usually rest at when you're waiting for Yakumo. "He should be done with his last class soon, if I remember correctly..."

As if on cue, several students trudge out of the building, conversing excitedly about a new, comedic play that's coming out. One of them sends you a small wave and smile, as to which you offer back.

Every time you visit the Imperial University, a student or more would greet you in some way before moving on to their destination. It could be a wave, a smile, a "hello" or "how are you?", or a mix of them. Small acts they are, but they warm you up each and every time.

A soft sigh interjects your pleasant thoughts. You look up to see Yakumo smiling warmly, his blue eyes and brows evidently showing worry. "My sweet doll... you didn't wait for long, I hope?"

"Not at all. I just got here."

"You still look awfully cold... here, allow me."

"Professor..." you trail off, watching him take off his long scarf to secure it around your neck a few times. You flinch every time his cold fingers brush against your slightly exposed neck, suddenly feeling a little embarrassed at the situation.

He holds you by the shoulders after finishing, and with a satisfied nod, he steps back to examine your bundled up state. "There you are, my doll. How do you feel? Is it too tight?"

"It feels fine. But... what about you? You'll be cold."

"Don't worry about me. As long as you're warm and content, so am I."

Sensing your incoming comments, the light blonde-haired male turns around, treading down the snowy path leading to your home. With a sigh, you call out to him and rush to his side as he smiles faintly to himself, his blue eyes lowering to the snow beneath his feet for a brief second before flickering over to your beaming self.

There's nothing in the world that compares to your smile, Yakumo is sure of it. All he desires is to always keep you smiling; in fact, seeing you happy is all that matters to him.

And even on such a chilly, winter day like today, he finds himself feeling immense warmth simply by staring at your radiating smile.

-♡-

Happy February, lovelies!! So many good things going on this month—Sweet Seduction draw, Thawing Capital event, and Aoi's birthday draw.

LOOK AT HIM. OF COURSE I PLAYED HIS BIRTHDAY DRAW AAAAAA!! If any of you guys are thinking about pulling for any of his birthday cards, DO IT. You won't be disappointed with the stories. + the kabedon and head pat animations are really cute (if you like that kind of stuff)!

And here's Yakumo's really beautiful card from the Sweet Seduction draw. You have no idea how tempted I was to pull for him...

 You have no idea how tempted I was to pull for him