Kuya | Gentle Touches

Upon returning home, you're greeted with a familiar sight: Kuya sleeping the afternoon away on the veranda. Not a surprise. His lazy nature pairs perfectly with interminable naps.

Instead of heading to your room like usual, you settle next to the sleeping Tengu, facing the glowing sun. No wonder why he enjoys sleeping at this particular spot; it's so warm and inviting.

Kuya shifts from beside you, yawning loudly and blinking open his weary eyes. Noticing your presence, he regards you with a quiet "hey" and another yawn.

"I can see why you like sleeping here so much now," you say after he props himself up with an elbow.

"Yeah. The sun."

"It's so warm here. I'm starting to—"

Another yawn, this time much longer, suddenly cuts you off. Shifting your attention to the sleepy male, you look at him in concern and amusement. "Let me guess... Koga?"

He scrunches his nose and heaves a jaded sigh, rubbing the back of his neck. From that reaction, you safely guess that you're correct.

"Yeah... he had to go do an errand at this old guy's house," he pauses and sighs again as if continuing the story is too much to bear.

"And... Koga forced you to come along, I'm guessing?"

"Yeah. He said it would only take ten minutes." Kuya yawns. "Ten minutes turned into five hours... I couldn't get my full nap in..."

You stare at his lethargic state with a small smile. "You're free the rest of the day, right? Koga won't be dragging you around?"

His yellow eyes flicker to you as he simply hums in response, indicating a yes. You pat at your lap several times, gesturing for the now reluctant Tengu to rest his head there.

"What...?" he murmurs, tilting his head slightly.

"I thought I'd offer my lap since it'll be more comfortable than the veranda, but if you prefer the—"

Kuya plops his head down into your lap, adjusting himself to be more comfortable. Compared to his sleeping position from earlier, he now has his back turned to the sun, his wings glimmering in the sunlight.

"Can I... touch your wings?" you hesitatingly ask, remembering his words the day you touched his wings for the first time without permission.

One eye opens. "Do whatever," he mumbles before closing his eye again.

Your fingers glide across the feathers smoothly as you take the time to stroke each one with the utmost care; they feel like how you envision clouds to feel like—soft. Stroking his wings is therapeutic to you, evoking a sense of tranquility.

His wings flap a little every once in a while due to how sensitive its feeling from your delicate touches. Along with a slight ticklish feeling, a tingly and relaxing feeling is present too.

Kuya finds himself drifting off to sleep, taking in your rhythmic strokes. A faint smile graces his face before sleep consumes him.

-♡-

Good thing about dating Kuya is getting all those naps lol. If you love your naps, then he's your man.