Yakumo | Well Wishes

"Ah, my doll. How lucky am I to run into you here."

You turn to the sudden voice nearby, slightly startled, and widen your eyes upon seeing the familiar smiling face of Professor Yakumo. He's wearing the usual outfit he has on whenever he's at the University. The only new change is the light brown trench coat; it suits him well.

"P-Professor Yakumo. Why are you here?" You take a step back and grasp onto the packaged item tightly.

He lowers his eyes down to your hands briefly before looking back up at you. "Oh? Would you prefer if I wasn't here?" he asks, amusement sparkling in his eyes.

"No! I didn't mean it like that. Sorry..." You sigh and avert your gaze to the sundry plushies lining the shelves. "I was just surprised since I come here so often but never have seen you."

"Until today?"

"Until today."

Yakumo smiles, seemingly satisfied with the answer. "Are you available at the moment?"

"I... I suppose so. Why?"

"I'm pleased to hear that." He pauses. "Would you accompany me to the new bakery that opened up? I've been craving for some sweets as of late and would love for you to join me."

"Sure, I'm more than happy to accompany you."

Realistic, fake baked goods are lined up at the front windows. The new bakery is fairly small in size with a cute and pastel theme. Yellow and pink stripes decorate the wallpaper as small paintings of things like smiling plants and pretty ribbons adorn the walls.

You're eating your favorite dessert, savoring its taste, when you suddenly feel eyes on you. More specifically, the male across from you is intently staring. Perhaps something is on your face?

You rub at an area on your face and look to see nothing present on your finger. "Pro—"

Yakumo chuckles, his blue gaze softening as he looks at you in adoration. "You are oh so adorable, my lovely doll. The expressions you make are so delightful."

You smile sheepishly and lower your head, feeling embarrassed to hear his honest thoughts. Professor Yakumo's fond comments toward you aren't new, but they never fail to make you feel warm and fuzzy every time.

"Thank you for accompanying me. Consider our little date here your birthday gift to me." The male smiles, his happiness evidently showing in his blue eyes as well.

You turn away from him to retrieve the hidden present (well, sort of hidden... he did see it earlier, after all). "I actually got you a gift, Professor. Will you... accept it?"

"Oh?" Yakumo's eyes widen as he takes the gift and carefully rips it open.

There's a plain, black notebook present, except it's faced down. He picks it up and turns it around, staring at a decorated cover. Surprise sparkles in his eyes as he traces his fingers over the cute stickers and small photos of you and him.

"(Y/N)..." He looks up and sighs in contentment, his eyes crinkling from how much he's smiling. "I will certainly treasure this... thank you."

Simply watching him hold the notebook close to his chest is enough to make you breathe a sigh of relief. Hidden under the table, the tight grip on your attire is loosened as you regard him with a beam.

-♡-

This month is Yakumo's birthday, so here is yet another birthday one-shot!