Akiyasu | Fluttering Hearts

The breezy wind and radiating sun, along with the distant sounds of ringing bells, makes to be the perfect day for studying Divine Arts with your friend and mentor, Akiyasu. Ever since you discovered your true self, you being an Onmyoji, you've been studying diligently in order to control your powers better.

The past few nights consisted of you attempting to summon a familiar. It took an interminable time before you were able to succeed in summoning the pink butterfly.

Akiyasu's green eyes sparkle with excitement as he clasps his hands together, fixated on the pink butterfly floating in the air. "I'm so proud of you, (Y/N)!"

You laugh softly. "It's all thanks to you, Aki."

He shifts his attention to you. Curiosity and confusion replaces his former excitement as he chuckles and shakes his head. "Not at all. I taught you, but you're the one who practiced for many hours. You should recognize how hard you've worked." He smiles warmly.

Embarrassment washes over you. While you appreciate compliments, they get you bashful every time. You smile faintly in response, averting your gaze to the nearby swaying trees.

Noticing your state, he smiles to himself, gazing down at his lap—a blissful look present. "Do you want to see my familiar now?" he asks after some time, hoping to ease your embarrassed self.

You turn your head around, surprised at the sudden question. "O-Oh, of course! I've been eager to see it."

A white egret appears beside your pink butterfly, flapping gracefully. Its mere presence pushes your embarrassment away as you're left staring at the graceful heron in awe. "Wow..." you murmur, "it's beautiful...!"

"Thank you. I really love egrets; there's just something about them that pulls me in..."

"I know what you mean. Just looking at it is mesmerizing to me."

You both continue to watch over the two familiars in peaceful silence. Such a simple moment, yet it's one that will be embedded in your mind. The more you focus, the more you start to see the smaller details.

"This might sound weird... but... doesn't it look like our familiars are the perfect pair? White and pink is a good combo," you hear yourself saying naturally.

Your observation is supposed to be neutral-sounding; however, your friend misunderstands, thinking your words are more romantic-based. Akiyasu flinches, and with a flushed face, he lowers his head. His egret disappears, leaving your butterfly on its own.

"Aki...?"

"A-Ah! I'm sorry, (Y/N)! I think we've studied enough for today. We should... uh... meet up again soon... if you want..." his voice lowers to a whisper.

Your silence worries him. The flustered male looks at you, meeting your beaming face and nodding head. The way your hair is blowing in the wind while the sun is illuminating your beautiful features makes his heart flutter.

Unbeknownst to him, your own heart is fluttering too.

-♡-

First one-shot with one of my best boys!! Bashful and serious Akiyasu; he's an interesting character. To say I was surprised when I discovered his serious side is an understatement lol... votes and comments are always appreciated!