Chapter 104 The Slayer and the Reaper

Start from the beginning

"I'm not done yet!!!!!!"

"Devil Slayer Magic....is it possible......that it gives this boy a resistance to a devil's curse?! Not only that, it's like his body has become half devil?! Did that thwart my curse?!"

As Mard Geer saw this, he quickly made a series of vines in front of him. Soon he was behind several walls of vines. But as Kyoya walked forward, he was sure about one thing. This next attack will decide this battle.

"As long as devils and the Dark Triad exist.....I don't have time to die!!!!! I'm ending this fight now!!!!!!!! Ice Devil's Zeroth Long Sword!!!!!!!"

Kyoya creates an ethereal long sword from his palms that he uses to slash through all of Mard Geer's vines and eventually cuts the Etherious' body in half

Kyoya creates an ethereal long sword from his palms that he uses to slash through all of Mard Geer's vines and eventually cuts the Etherious' body in half. After Kyoya performed his slash, Mard Geer's body was now frozen in ice made from Kyoya's Devil Slayer Magic.

Mard Geer was frozen in a prison that eternally damages his body as it was encased. After a few moments, Mard Geer's body turned to ash as no remains of his body was left. When Kyoya looked at the pillar of ice he made, he said one thing as the black markings on his body were fading away.

"I won."

As Kyoya said this, he immediately ran in the direction where Asta and the others were

As Kyoya said this, he immediately ran in the direction where Asta and the others were. He sensed some familiar mana earlier during his fight with Mard Geer. At first he didn't want to believe he was here, but deep down he knew that it was him.

~Meanwhile~
"This weakness is truly something. You don't have any mana, yet despite that you have a power of a devil that negates magic. Even then, you still can't beat me. What an amazing weakness."

Kurono was choking Asta as he held the boy by his neck and slammed him into a tree. The magic knight was now unconscious on the ground. Soon the man sensed some mana behind. With his eyes closed, he swiftly turns around and kicks Noelle into a tree. Afterwards, he looked towards the group of magic knights in front of him.

"I love bullying the weak. Though it seems my favorite weakling to bully isn't here yet, so you all will have to entertain me for now."

"Since I took out the boy with anti-magic first, I can freely use my spells without having to worry about them being negated

"Since I took out the boy with anti-magic first, I can freely use my spells without having to worry about them being negated."

As Kurono released black smoke in the air, everyone started to feel hot. The temperature was constantly rising as the black smoke was around them. Soon Kurono smiled as he was ready to have some fun.

"Smoke Magic:Cannibalis-"

"Ice Magic:Zero Point Breakthrough!!!!!"

Kurono was shocked after what he saw. His smoke was frozen solid and shattered seconds after. Not only that, since his senses were connected to his smoke, he was in shock when that connected was severed when the smoke was frozen. When he turned around he made a katana out of solidified smoke as he blocked a sword slash from a sword made of ice.

"There you are....my favorite weakling."

"What are you doing here, Kurono?!"

Noelle slowly got up as she heard a familiar voice. When she looked ahead, she saw Kyoya clashing blades with Kurono. As the two jumped back, Kurono began to speak to the ice mage.

"Why am I  here? I'm here to act as a warning for both you and the magic knights here. They could barely do anything against me or the Etherious. Not to mention that i'm just like you. A mage from the Spade Kingdom that doesn't posses a devil."

As Noelle heard this, she was in shock. Kurono was this strong and he doesn't even have a devil. Then she began to wonder, just how strong is someone that is possessed by a devil. Soon Kurono began to walk away.

"Take this as a sign. You need to be at least as strong as me or else you'll end up dead. I'm sure that the Queen of the Heart Kingdom was going to tell you the same thing. As for me.......I got someone to train so i'll take my leave."

"Get back here Kuron-"

Before Kyoya could finish his sentence, he saw Kurono flying away on a cloud made from his smoke magic. Soon Kyoya looked at his allies as he picks up Asta. Finral made a portal to Loropechika's chambers as the group was heading back to report the situation. While this happened, Kyoya had one thing on his mind.

"I need to do it.....I need to get stronger."