Going crazy

I couldn't breath. The images of Julep were gone and replaced with a darkness. My mind was empty and cold. I felt frozen. My whole body was shiverlng and I was on my knees in front of juleps bed. My body was hunched over and I had my hands over my ears trying to block out whatever was happening.

"Weston?!" I heard someone scream my name.

That's when the sobs broke through. It started like a scream That ripped through my throat. Then there were tears that quickly spilled down my cheeks. Then there were the words that seemed to blink across my brain in flashing colors. Juleps in a Coma.

My mind went blank. I just let go and was consumed with my one single thought. It was unbearable. I let go and blacked out.

*****

When I woke up my eyes were blinded by a bright light. When I focused I realized it wasn't bright at all. I was sitting in the waiting room. There were telephones ringing, beeping, and talking all around me. My head was pounding. I looked over to my right to see Hailey sitting with her head in one hand and my hand in the other.

I took a deep breath and her head snapped toward me. "Weston?"

"Hmm?" I groaned

"Are you okay?"

I managed a nod. 

Her eyes were puffy and red. She just smiled  nodded. Then she put her head back down.

I leaned back in my chair and looked forward. The images of Julep stopped playing in my head. They were gone. I was left to face the fact that she was in a coma.

Julep was in a coma and there was nothing I could do about it.

The thought sent tears to my eyes.

"Weston? Hon, are you okay?"

Karen was standing in front of me. Her face was red and wet.

"Yeah."

"Do you want to go home?"

"Um, no. I actually want to just see Julep."

She smiled and nodded. I stood up and followed her down the hall on our right. We came to Juleps room at the end if the hall. I told myself to calm down but my heart was a million miles a minute. My breathing was heavy and right before entering the room I froze.

"Are you sure you want to go in?" Karen was watching me intently.

I shook my head no and turned around. She put her hand on my shoulder and guided me back down the hall. I pulled out my phone and saw that it was 8:43.

"Woah, How long was I out." I faced Karen but the whole scene went shaky. I started falling but I felt hands tightly clasp my shoulders keeping me in an upright position. I stumbled backwards and shook my head. My vision started coming back and I was staring into the eyes of a worried Karen.

"I'm fine," As soon as I said the words it happened again and I fell to the ground.

****

Right when I hit the ground it went black for a minute.

Then, slowly, I started to see the nurses rushing around me. I couldn't feel there touches. They're choices were muffled.

"I'm fine!" I Tried I yell but they didn't hear me. I started trying to push them off but it was as if I went straight through them.

Slowly, I stood up. I looked back at the ground and saw me laying there.

My jaw dropped. I was motionless. One if the nurses yelled somthing and a guy with a large cart came running over.

"Weston!?" The soft voice froze me. I Slowly turned around as they rubbed two paddles together and put them to my chest. Just as a shocking sensation pulls  me back into my body I saw a figure standing in the hall way. Then I was back.

I was grasping for breath. My lungs hurt and my heart was hammering.

"Weston?" A nurse was saying as she held each eye open and shined a light into them.

When she backed up I took a deep breath and played back. My chest was aching.

I heard the rolling if wheels and felt myself being lifted up. They placed me on a gurney and I didn't object. I curled up onto my side and closed my eyes. All I could think about was the beautiful voice I had just heard. I knew instancly who's it was. It was the same exact voice that sent my stomach I to a roll of nauseab and gave me goosebumps. The same voice that sent shivers down my spine. I knew it was Juleps voice.