Getting over you

Juleps pov

When I got to the bottom of the hill Max and i were laughing so hard.

"What a rush." I said out of breath.

"Yes. I agree." Max was laughing. He still had my hand and I felt a tingle spread throughout my body as the more I thought about it. I looked down at out interlocking hands and smiled.

We jerked to a stop. I looked up at Max. He looked furious. I felt his squeeze my hand a little harder. I looked up and my whole body froze. I felt like curling up in a ball and just dying. My heart was pounding and i felt tears start in my eyes. I quickly looked down to hide my face.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Jacks voice come out angry.

"I was wondering the same for you," Max said squeezing my hand harder. I pushed my tears down and looked up.

"Well leave. No one wants you here." It was Weston. I looked directly at him. This was a public place and anyone could come here.

"No. He will not leave. If Him being here is a problem for some reason then you leave. Were staying right here." My voice was stern and angry.

Weston looked a little shock and I dragged Max past them. His hand was clenching mine to a point to where it hurt.

"Ow, that hurts." I tried pulling my hand away but his grip was strong. "Max, that hurts,' I whined. He instantly released only to grab it again and hold it lightly.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." He pulled my hand to his mouth and gently pressed his lips to the top of my hand. It sent shivers throughout my body as he placed it back down by my side. I smiled at him and he gave me a shy look.

I sat down on the log in front of the fire and he sat next to me.

"So are you gonna tell me what that was about." I asked.

"Jack..." He drifted off huffing out a breath.

"Jack?" I asked.

"Him and Weston and I don't get along."

"What do you mean." He grabbed my hand and held it.

"It's complicated."

A dark look washed over his eyes. I nodded and I saw Weston out of the corner of my eye. How could this guy that I thought was perfect turn out to be a jerk? I rolled my eyes and looked at Alex. He was looking around like a kid in a candy shop. I smiled. At least he was happy with coming here.

His eyes drifted towards me and I didn't realize I was staring. I blinked and looked away. Why was I being shy? I took a deep breath and stood up.

"I'm be back." I said to Max as I stood up. He didn't object. I walked toward Alex.

"Um, Hey." I sounded casual.

"Hey," He said as he admired Weston bike. I remembered when I first saw it. I had thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

"It's a nice bike." I managed to say.

"Yeah," he said his smile growing bigger.

"I'm Julep." I stuck out my hand.

He Shook it and said, "Yeah I know." He lied a bit more and his hand lingered. He dropped it and looked at me with his hands in his pockets. He quickly added' "I'm Alex."

I chuckled. "Yeah, I know."

He smiled and looked back to the bike. I looked at him. He admired with wide eyes and a permanent grin. I could not take my eyes off him. I wasn't attracted to him like that but there was just something about him.

"What are you guys doing over here!" Max yelled out of breath when he reached us. I shook my head.

"Nothing." I smiled.

Max grabbed my hand and we walked back to the log we were on before. He held my hand and I leaned on his shoulder.

"So, you ever gonna tell me what's wrong between you guys."

He looked up. Fury washed over his face and his hand gripped mine again.

"Come on, tell me."

"He killed my parents."