Getting there

I have never really liked hotels but the one we slept in last night was bad. Really bad. There were bugs everywhere and the bed was very dirty. I don't think the blankets were supposed to be brown. The water in the bathroom smelled like rotton sewage, so we didn't get to shower. The police officer called a social worker who stayed at the hotel. She talked to us all night. Well to me since Hailey still isn't talking. Instead of sleeping in the dirty bed we put our blankets over theres and slept that way.

I woke up tired and instantly knew it was gonna be a bad day. I rolled over onto my side. It was light outside so I knew it was time to get up. I sat up and swung my legs of the bed and onto the dirty floor. I stood up and went to the bathroom. I found my suitcase and pulled out my makup bag and brush. Then I found another suitcase and grabbed a pair if jeans and a flanel button up shirt. After I put on my usual light face of makeup, I pulled my long, black straight hair into a ponytail.

When I went back into the room I saw Hailey zipping up my last suitcase.

"Thank you." She didn't even crack a smile or look at me.

The room looked the same as it did last night, Dirty. All of our stuff was repacked and her suitcases were by the door. I went back into the bathroom and zipped up my other bags and put them by the door.

There was a soft knock at the door followed by a voice,"Julep, hon, are you up."

"Yeah we'll be out in a minute." I looked to Hailey who was dragging my suitcase to the door. I opened the door and the social worker smiled. She was a small over-friendly lady. She always had the fakest smile. She was probably divorced with a bunch of cats. She waved us into the hallway. I picked up two bags, so did hailey. The social worker struggled with the remaining 3.

"Look I have a car and washington is, what a 4 hour drive. Please just let me drive. Please." I just wanted to feel normal for one second on my  bike.

I must of had the saddest look because she pulled out her phone and made a call.

"Yeah she wants to take her own car....." She walked away and continued the conversation.

Hailey pulled out her phone and sat on a suitcase. I dreaded turning on my phone. It would just be the same thing. Mean texts or Missed prank calls. I was hated at school. Bullied. I didnt really have the best life. People tortured me on a daily basis.

"Ok they said you can go if you promise you'll be good and go straight to your aunts." She smiled as I let out a sigh of relief.

I went outside and the social worker threw me my car keys. "I had that cop bring it last night. They were gonna fly it with you guys."

I caught my keys and wanted to squeal. Then I saw it. My Matte black motercycle, side car, and two helemets were sitting in a parking space. Then the deadness was back and I felt empty again. My smile was replaced by a small fake one.

"Thank you." I started loading our luggage into the side car.  Hailey put on the smaller pink helemet and got onto the back with my help. I put on my matte black helemet that covered my whole face and got on. I started up the engine and was on my way.

It felt amazing. A part of me wanted to yell in excitment but the other part was still dead remebering the last ride. On my way to school yesterday. Before I went my mom gave me the usual lecture. She wasn't to fond of this thing.

The drive felt like forever. After about 3 hours of driving I stopped at a small plaza for lunch. I got some gas and then we started up again. I knew were Aunt Karens house was so we made it there quick. I pulled up into the neighborhood and drove in a circle at first. As I was pulling up I saw another motercycle. Not just any motercycle. My dream motercycle. A brand new shiney red Bike. It was gorgeous. I couldn't help stare. I could feel the eyes of the biker glued to me as there head followed me. I pulled into the drive way. Here we go.