Moving In

As I pulled up to the house and cut the engine, I couldn't help but look back. The person on the bike was looking at me. I couldn't see the face, but I knew. I turned back around and Hailey got off and took her helmet off placing it in the side car. Aunt Karen walked down the walkway and Hailey ran into her arms.

Confusion washed over me as Hailey silently sobbed on Karen. Karen looked at me as she held Hailey. I saw Karens eyes go behind me, a look of disspleasure spread over her face. The sound of a engine compelled me to turn around. The red bike was speedig down the road.

I pulled my helmet off and placed it into the side cart. Karen was still holding Hailey. She started walking her in the house. I grabbed a few suitcases when I heard a soft voice, "need help?"

I spun around. Standing in front of me was a boy. He was about the same height as me with blond hair and blue eyes. He was muscular and fit looking. His hair was on the longer side and it hung just above his eyes.

"Um, yeah thanks." I didn't mean to sound so dead.

" Blake," he said as he held out his hand. I grabbed it. His grip was firm." My cousin lives down the street and I'm staying with him."

"Julep. Im moving in with my aunt." He let go of my hand without letting his eyes fall from mine. He picked up four bags at a time and brought them to the house. He stepped inside and my aunt greeted him with a hug. "Blake, I see you met Julep." I almost rolled my eyes.

"Yes ma'am." His voice was soft. It was sweet and rang through the air in a southern accent.

Blake put the bags down in the small hall we were standing in.

"So are you going to Lake Weld?," He asked.

"Yes, she is. She starts tomorrow. Wednesday seems like a perfect day to start." Karen smiled.

I honestly had no interest in talking to this guy. He was a prep. I could tell.

"So what are you? Nerd, Football player?" It came out nicer then I meant it.

"Star Quarterback." He gave the most stunning smile that would make any girl melt to the ground. Good thing I'm not any girl.

"Ahh yes. Quaurterback," I mumbled as I started up the stairs leaving Blake and Karen to talk. I regretted it instantly. I had no idea wich room was mine.

I stood at the top of the stairs looking down at them. Karen saw me and said goodbye to Blake. She started up the stairs as he walked out the front door.

"This rooms yours," She said as she opened the door to a huge room. The room I have never even seen before. It was large. There was a queen sized bed in the middle. I took a step inside and placed my bag down by the door. There was a big brown wooden dresser to my right. In the corner near another door was a chair hanging from the ceiling.

" I have been here a thousand times and I have never seen this room." I had shock in my voice. The room was beautiful wih it's light blue walls and wood paneling. The floor was a shiney hard wood.

" It was your moms when we were kids." She looked around lost in thought.

I sat on the bed and took a look around. "Thank you."

"Your sister, she um, she took the news hard. Won't even talk. Just cries. Poor baby."

"Yeah she hasn't said a word. When she broke down on you I was shocked."

"Well Im gonna wash your blankets. Dinner will be ready in probably 2 hours so your free to unpack and do whatever you want until then. I set you both up on a credit card so you can go shopping if you like."

I grabbed my two suitcases and opened them on the bed. I refolded  all of my clothes and put them into dresser. I left all my school clothes in the suitcase in the closet and put all of my bathrom stuff in the bathroom. It was huge and beautiful  just like the rest of this 3 story house. I was able to take everyhing from my bathroom so it looked nice.

I took my phone out and reluctantly turned it on. Just like I thought, Nothing. I turned on some music and layed on the bed in the big empty room. About an hour later I sat up and turned the music off.

I went out into the hallway and saw one of the doors cracked open at the end of the hall. I walked slowly down and pushed it open. Inside was a room a little smaller than mine with a big bed in the corner. On the bed was Hailey. She was sleeping. She has lost so much. She is only 12.She deserved to sleep. I backed up and closed the door.

I went back to my room. On my bed was a basket. It had all my blankets in it. I started making my bed. When I was finished, I looked at the clock. 6:58. Today was such a long day I just wanted it to end.

I went to my dresser and took out a pair if shorts and a T-shirt. I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I let the hot water run down on me. I thought about the last 24 hours. I slept in a sleezy motel and found out my parents were dead. My parents, I was never going to see them again and i didnt get to say goodbye. I fell to the ground of the shower and cried. I cried for them. They were gone and never coming back. Ever. I remember when they asked if i wanted a funeral. I told them yes and i wanted it to be in her home town were everyone was invited, I really wish I had said no.

Once i was clean and dressed Karen called down for dinner. We had this soup. It tasted amazing. We talked about how school was gonnango tomorrow.

"Blake is gonna pick you up. 7:30 be ready. He is a sweet boy and a easy way to the popular club." Karen said as she slurped her food.

I sighed. "Popular? We all know im not popular." I almost laughed.

Or was I? Maybe Karen was right. I could be popular. I giggled to myself. Karen laughed at the noise i made and so did i. At that moment Hailey shoved her chair bavk and ran up the stairs.

"I'll clean up. You go get some rest." I nodded and headed up stairs. I went straight to Haileys door wich was locked of course, and she woudn't open it. I went to my own room and brushed my teeth then i crawled into bed. I fell asleep almost instantly.