What he did

A/n I have been in love with this book called "You still got me" By wolfchaser183 She is an amazing wrighter check out her book. It's amazing!!

For a split second i thought he was joking. Then it hit me that he was serious. I could tell by the way he squeezed my hand and the look in his eye as if someone had just punched him hard in the stomach. My mind was racing. This was the second time that someone had said Weston killed someone. 

"What do you mean he killed your parents!?" My voice was loud and scared. I was standing now.

Max looked at me for a minute with blazing eyes. He didn't say anything. He looked down at the ground. 

"Max what do you mean?" He didn't even stir.

"Max!" I pushed his shoulder. He bounced forward. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Lets go home." I said angrily. I turned around and walked towards Alex. 

"We are leaving," I said as i approached him. He followed me Toward the hill. Max was trailing behind.

Alex was walking beside me. "You okay?" He asked quietly.

"Not really but ill live." I Just wanted to know what was going on. I get its none of my business but it was killing me. Someone had called Weston a murderer twice.

"What happened?" Alex talked low.

"Honestly I don't even know. I'm just confused." I shook my head irritated.

"Why."

"Cause." I snapped.

"Oh." He waked forward. I instantly felt bad for snapping and ran to catch up with him. I looked back to see Max trailing way behind walking slow.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap." I meant it.

"Its fine. I'm used to it." He replied without looking at me."

"What do you mean your used to it." I asked.

"Nothing." He put his head down and we continued to walk.

"What do you know about Weston?" I asked awkwardly.

"I know that all the girls love him and that at our school he spends his time alone unless Jack and Liam decide to show up." 

"I know that but like What else do you know?"

He stopped. " I don't know what you mean." Then he continued walking as i followed behind.

When we reached  the car i got in. Alex got in the back and was silent as we waited for Max.

When the door opened and Max sat in the passenger seat I started the car and we were off.

The road was dark and rain was falling again. The whole ride was silent. Alex spent it looking out the window with a sleepy expression. Max spent it angrily gripping the Door handle. I tried to talk to him and both attempts ended him ignoring me. Soon i stopped trying and just focused on the road. The sky was dark and I already knew when i arrived home i would be in a boat load of trouble.

Ugh. Home. I had almost forgot about The News Karen had shared. She was adopting us. The thought sent shivers down my spine and tears to my eyes. I tried to push the thoughts down.

We arrived at Maxs house and i parked the car in his drive way. I hurriedly got out of the car and started down the street. It dark and freezing. Alex was walking behind me. About halfway home i stopped.

I turned around and shouted,"What do you really know?"

He stopped and looked up at me. He shrugged his shoulders and with a sigh i turned around and walked towards my house.