Chapter 30

"What's wrong?" I ask "There is a lot of dead coming this way, we have to wait till they pass because we wont make it out." we look out the window and there is a herd of them walking all over the place, then I remember "The radio did you get it?"

"Yes I already called and they know what's going on" I can already imagine how they must be, Fabian must be going crazy and trying to get up "They said they would send help if we wanted them to, but I told them to give us some time" Mark says

"Good we don't need more people coming and getting stuck, all I know is after this they are not going to let me out on runs anymore" "Yah you'll probably be safer at home then out here and so would we" Peter says laughing.

We wait for 1/2 a hour "How does it look?" I ask Mark "Good probably another 10 minutes and we should be good to go" "Mark" a voice says over the radio "Yah Aaron, go ahead" he answers back "How are y'all doing?" he gets up and walks away leaving me and Peter sitting there

"Gabby are you ok, I mean are we ok?" Peter asked coming next to me, but before I can answer Mark comes running to us. "We have a problem" me and Peter get up "Your friend came looking for us, he heard some of the guards talking about us being trapped and they said he took off with out telling anyone and with just his gun and gear" I shake my head and grab my gun "I'll go look for him, y'all can stay here"

"Are you crazy? Your brother would kill us" Peter said "I cant just sit here and wait to see if he finds us" I say walking to the window. Mark comes to stand by me "We can go down some small streets on our way back, maybe we will see him" I nod my head and grab my bag.

"Peter you stay on her don't let her out of your site" Peter comes to stand next to me with a big smile. I look away to hide my smile "Alright lets go" Mark says opening the door and we walk out going for the truck.

We  are almost there when Mark yells "Watch out!" Peter pushes me down and Mark fires a shot "Got it" he says and we get up slow. I try to move and I get a pain in my wrist "I think its broken" Mark and Peter look at me.

"Shit how hard did you push her down?" Mark asked coming to me, I try to get up but I get a pain in my side and his eyes get big "O God" he says looking at me up and down "Gabby are you ok? let me help you up"

"Mark its fine its just my wristband I probably bruised my ribs, help me splint it and ill get it checked when we get back" I tell him but he is still acting strange but he helps me wrap my wrist. Peter looks so scared "Hey don't worry about it you didn't do it on purpose" he smiles and sighs

"Fuck Gabby I'm sorry" I give him a hug and get in the truck, we drive down the street and I have to ask "What are y'all going to do to him when.." Mark cuts me off "I don't know, the leaders will have to have a meeting to talk about it, but you will still have a say. He will most likely be sent to the farm"

He tell me and we drive in silence for a while when we see something moving in front of us "Is that him?" I ask and the person starts to wave. When we get a little closer Mark stops the truck, he tells us to stay inside and he gets off walking to Jim.

You can hear them arguing then Mark takes his gun and calls Peter "Put him in the back and keep Gabby in the truck" I hear Mark say. When they get closer to the truck I open the door "Gabby stay in the truck" Mark tells me "Mark" "Now Gabby we don't have time for this"

I roll my eyes and close the door but open the little window when Jim gets in. "Gabby" he says "Shut it! You cant talk to her" Mark says and I turn to him "What the hell Mark! Why are you being such an ass? You cant.." "Look i'm doing what your brother told me to do, and he doesn't want you talking to him"

I just look at him and turn around, When we get back Aaron is waiting for us. I open the door and start to talk but he stops me "What the hell happened to your hand?" he asked and Mark comes to us telling Aaron everything "Go get checked now Gabby it looks like you need a cast, get your ribs checked also"

He stops and looks at Mark "Go with her" Mark nods his head and goes with me we walk inside and the nurse talks to Mark then comes to check me. Everything looks good your abdomen feels good no broken ribs," she says putting a cast on wrist, when she's done Aaron comes in.

"I want to talk to Jim" "Don't Gabby your husband is waiting for you go" I shake my head and turn walking away to Fabian's room, I see the doctor at his door "Y'all are back, did you get everything?" I hand him the bag "Is he awake?" he nods his head and I walk in and he is sits up in his bed

"What the hell happened to your arm?" I don't say anything or move "Your not going out anymore" again I don't say anything "Say something, Are you ok? GABBY!" I move up a little "I'm going to ask you something and I want the truth." he just looks at me

I think he know what I'm going to ask him "What did you ask Peter to do?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone!
Sorry its been a while that I've updated, Hope you all like this chapter.
Let me know what you think :)
**** I started writing a Divergent story. I put up the first Chapter so please take some time to
read it and let me know what you think.
                                                      Thanks 💜 GABBY