Chapter 27

"They got Aaron, I'm taking the ones at our door down you ready?" I ask and he nods I take a deep breath "Four, three, two, one NOW!" he opens the door and grabs the last guy standing in shock and pulls him inside.

"How did you do that? We didn't even know where it was coming from" I climb down from my point and his eyes stay on me "You did that?" he says looking at me up and down, Fabian slams his hand on the back of his head "What do you want? Why are y'all here?" I ask but he just looks at me and smiles

"We have been keeping an eye on y'all since this all started, we thought you were military the way y'all got this place set up. But when we saw you were just normal people, we thought we can take this place" Fabian laughs "What makes you think were not military?"

"You don't dress it, wheres the camo uniforms?" "Just because we don't dress it doesn't mean anything" Fabian tells him and he chuckles "Yah now I know we were wrong, that was nice shooting'" he says looking at me "Thanks I learned from the best" he nods

"So how many more are y'all?" Fabian asked "About 15, I don't know how many more are dead besides your 4" I nod "You call the rest of them off or I can get them from here?" he doesn't say anything so I turn and start walking to my point. "Fine just let me talk to them" he says me and Fabian look at each other

"Ok but don't try anything, you know she's a good shot" Fabian tells him as he picks him up, I look at him and smile at me. Fabian waits till I get to my spot before walking out holding the man in front of him. He gets to the pit and the men point their guns at him and I can fell my body get hot

"Don't try anything, I got eyes on you" Fabian says and i can hear him on the radio and I shoot a can out of one of the guys hands and they all look around trying to find where it came from. "So lets try this again, put the guns down and you cut them loose"

When Aaron is loose he goes to the man Fabian is holding on to "Not to long ago a man tried the same thing you did and it didn't end well for him. So why don't we try and work something out, what do you say?" he looks at his men then nods 'yes' and Aaron waves me down.

When I walk out the door they all look at me, I put my gun to my shoulder and I see Fabian shacking his head and he smiles. When I get next to him he says "Realy doing your bad ass walk" I smile and give him a kiss "Yah I still got it, So what's going on? Are we talking or what?" I ask "Jon take the guns and keep them here Fabian, Gabby, Mark,Peter lets go have a talk with our friend." Aaron says and we walk to Fabian's old place and sit on the patio.

"So what can we do for you?" Mark asked "Now that we know we cant take this place, we need to ask for help, we have women and children and we need food" when he said that I couldn't help but answer "Why didn't y'all just go look for some instead of taking from other people?" Aaron looks at me and then at Fabian who moves next to me.

"We can give you some but I have people I need to feed also" he looks around and stops on me "Can you help us get more? We can go with her and she can help keep us safe while we get more supplies" Fabian crosses his arms and stays right next to me "That's not going to happen, so just take your stuff and go"

Mark moves up and the man backs away "Its ok, alright I was just asking we got a deal" he shakes Aaron and Fabian's hand then puts it out to me but I just smile holding on to Fabian's arm.

I don't know what it is but I don't trust him, we get up and take him to the pantry "Y'all got a good pile here" I just keep looking at him everything hes doing how he talks and moves, then I catch it. While hes talking to Aaron he gets louder when he says important stuff.

I stop Fabian "I need to go back to the camper" he looks at me and I hope he gets what im thinking "Peter go with her and don't let her out of her site" I look at him with a smile and nod, his eyes get big and I think he got it. He nods and puts his hand on his gun.

"We will be right back" I say as me and Peter take off walking to the camper "What's going on Gabby?" Peter asked but I don't say anything till we get inside "Didn't you notice what he was doing when he was talking to Aaron" he just looks at me "As they were talking his voice would get louder only at some points"

"He has more people outside the gate" Peter says "But how can you be sure?" he asked, I grab his hand and pull him with me to the look out. I look out with my gun "Well do you see anything?" he asked.

At first I didn't see anything but then something moved on the floor and then another I take a shot and the person flips over "Hes Lying I count at least 20, they are going to try and take us Peter" I say looking at him.When a shot from inside the yard makes us jump.

"SHIT" Peter says as we start taking out the ones on the outside of the gate. More gun fire comes from the yard, and my hand start to shake when I think about what can be happening to our guys "Peter please tell me some thing, anything" I tell him and he answers with something I didn't expect "Why Fabian?"

I stop and turn to him not knowing how to answer him so I turn and keep shooting "What?" "Why did y'all pick Fabian? I under stand why not Mark and Julian. But why not me or George hes not married and I don't have anyone" I look out to see if I can see anyone else but I don't so I turn to Peter.

"Aaron said they wanted it to be you, but you were leaving and they didn't know if you would make it back in time" "Would you have given us a chance? Did you ever liked me?" I grab his hand "You know that day you came to see us before you left, I did like you but you had to leave. I didn't want to fall for you and then lose you. They made the deal a week later and you were already gone"

He moves closer to me and gets right in front of me "So how do you feel now?" he says putting his hand on my face "Peter we cant do this, nothing can happen between us" I say moving back and he puts his head down "I don't know if I should be telling you this but Fabian did tell me if anything did happen to him he wants me to be with you" he looks up at me and our eyes meet but then a bang on the door makes us turn.