Shirtless

Technically, the thunder woke Ryan up. The rumble that felt like it was so close, like it was in the bedroom, brought Ryan's head up off the pillow, his sleepy eyes half open. He turned his head, just enough to look towards the window to see the rain splattering against it. Weather here was nothing like L.A. where he knew the sun was shining and the air was warm. He yawned before he went to lay back down, but stopped. Jason was just in front of him, wrapped up in his arms, his back facing Ryan in what used to be their normal sleeping position.

Ryan's mind was still a little groggy with sleep as he appreciated the man in front of him. He had no idea what time it was or how long they'd been sleeping, but it was an amazing sight to see that Jason hadn't left him.

Ryan leaned his head down, pressing a kiss to the side of Jason's face, sucking in the smell of his skin and hair. Jason Wakefield always smelled clean. Akio. He's Jason Akio now.. It was one of the only memories he could recall from the first day he'd woken up in Seattle. Jay Akio, Ryan hummed in his head as he laid back down. He wanted to be closer, and he snuggled himself right up to Jason's backside, snaking his arm further around Jason's waist. He petted his fingers overtop the front of Jason's gray pajama top. "Jay," he whispered, kissing the back of Jason's head. "Jason Akio. There's someone in your bed," he said with a light chuckle, just as his feathering fingers found their way under the hem of Jason's top. He felt his ex-boyfriend's warm skin, and Ryan groaned with need, a quiet sound from the back of his throat, the bottom of his heart.

Jason hadn't meant to fall asleep, and it was a shock to realize that he had. He could feel Ryan behind him, around him, holding him close, his fingers on his skin. He felt the kiss, heard Ryan whisper his name. The sound of Ryan whispering ah-key-oh sent tingles through his stomach. That was his name, who he was, but had never been when he and Ryan were together. He was Jason Akio, no longer Jason Wakefield, and it was the first time he'd realized the full meaning of that change. Not only had he dropped his identity as Mark's husband, he'd shed most of the mannerisms he'd learned in those years as well. He was free to be who he wanted to be, and the fact that Ryan was there, that he wanted to know Jason Akio, was thrilling.

"Yes, there is," he mumbled back, his hand going back to find whatever piece of Ryan he could touch. He slid his fingers around Ryan's hip, and down his thigh as far as he could reach, his eyes closed still. "I like it."

Having Jason feel around his leg, returning the playful touch, was exhilarating; it was silent permission with a side of actual permission. Jason hadn't said 'stop' or 'I don't want to' but 'I like it'. "Mhm," Ryan murmured before he kissed the back of Jason's neck again, making sure his scruff followed, lightly scratching his ex-boyfriend's skin, a trick he'd learned long ago. It would get Jason to smile and shiver, and Ryan was ready to feel the reaction. "I promise I'm not the Big Bad Wolf." He stopped, all thoughts of kisses on hold for a second as he lifted his head to try and see Jason's face. "Is that who was in The Three Bears beds? That's not right." His eyebrows furrowed in thought. "Who the hell was sleeping in their beds?"

Jason laughed. "Goldilocks," he managed to say. "The Big Bad Wolf was Red Riding Hood." He twisted around to see Ryan and the look of confusion on his face. "You look dark and sexy, which I prefer. If I'd woken up to a blonde girl in my bed that would be a huge problem." He smiled up into Ryan's eyes and moved a little more, untangling his legs from Ryan's to lay on his back. The hand that had been feeling up Ryan's thigh drifted up to circle around his stomach, which made Jason a little sad. He didn't want to think of how bad Ryan's last six months had been, how little he'd eaten and the drugs that had taken the place of nutrition. Jason pushed that away and tugged lightly at the front of Ryan's shirt, hoping he would come closer.

One tug was all it took. It was part of their love language, a sign Ryan knew the meaning of when it came from Jason. He kicked one leg over Jason's thigh, and pulled himself up against Jason's side. His hand slid further up under the pajama top, his fingertips grazing one of Jason's small nipples as they looked at each other. Ryan watched Jason's dark eyes widen, his fingers clenching to Ryan's shirt in the process.